Which food blender?

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
I look after my mother who is bed bound and i'm thinking forward to the time when she may have to have blended food as her teeth aren't in great shape to be honest.
i did try the stick blender that I have at home but it wasn't much use,could anyone recommend a certain blender that they use as i haven't got a clue what i'm looking for to be honest,it will be to blend a complete meal

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I always used a stick blender, cant really suggest anything else, other than an old fashioned ricer.

Please be kind, dont blend whole meals into a beige blob, try & blend foods individually-i its far more appealing

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @wilko73. I use a stick blender too. It does need a certain amount of liquid added to the food to get good results (gravy or water or milk). I used as little as possible to get the food to purée. I found that blending meat with something like potatoes and gravy was easier than trying to blend meat on its own. Carrots and other root veg blend better if slightly overcooked so they’re soft need very little liquid added if cooked enough.

Mine is just a cheap blender I picked up in Lidl but it does a good job.

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
I always used a stick blender, cant really suggest anything else, other than an old fashioned ricer.

Please be kind, dont blend whole meals into a beige blob, try & blend foods individually-i its far more appealing
Thanks

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
Hi @wilko73. I use a stick blender too. It does need a certain amount of liquid added to the food to get good results (gravy or water or milk). I used as little as possible to get the food to purée. I found that blending meat with something like potatoes and gravy was easier than trying to blend meat on its own. Carrots and other root veg blend better if slightly overcooked so they’re soft need very little liquid added if cooked enough.

Mine is just a cheap blender I picked up in Lidl but it does a good job.
Thanks