Where to Get Help?

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

I think might be very useful to list the names of nationally recognised care support groups [and national websites if you have them to hand] so that we can put this information into our Resources Section. I'll start the ball rolling...

Crossroads Care
Community Service Care Support - see your local authority web

Jude

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
where to get help

I have just had a lady come to see me from the red cross,they have just started a dementia respite support service which is provided free to run along side support from social services.Initially the service is available through referrals from social services, local mental health teams and alzheimers society reps. Itcan be for up to 4 hrs duration.This will be ideal for those unexpected appointments or just for time out.She was also a mine of information on providing care aids on loan and even transport door to door for drs and hospial appointments for mum.hope this is some help to someone,it will be for me.

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Where to get help

I don't know whether this is of any use, but I have written a booklet aimed at men who have never done any cooking and find themselves having to attempt to provide meals for themselves and partner.

It has been produced by the Huddersfield branch of the Alzheimer's society.

It is called Men Cooking by Frank Barraclough.

I am sure that if anyone felt the need for one, the branch would be pleased to supply one on receipt of a large (A4) stamped addressed envelope.

Alzheimer's Society
Huddersfield Branch
12 St George's Square
Huddesfield
HD1 1JF
Telephone 01484 429865
barraf