Where to buy trousers for mum?

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
I have found it impossible to buy trousers for mum.
She needs size 10 (Mand S size), long, elasticated waist, machine washable...

The best I have found are in M and S classic, but they don't do size 10 in long, so Mum is constantly wandering around in trousers which barely cover her ankles.

She (and I) like her to look smart if possible and velour/jogging type things are a bit figure hugging eg reveal the contours of her pad.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried John Lewis, BHS, Country casuals and a host of other places.

thanks xx

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
You could also try M&Co or Bon Marche, on-line there is JD Williams. I prefer my mum in ankle skimming, that way she is less likely to catch her heel against the hem as she stands up and joggers are a size larger than usual, except she's now refusing to wear them, when she did last winter lol!

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
I prefer my mum in ankle skimming,

I know what you mean, Loveahug, but Mum was 5'9'' with long legs (the only bit which hasn't shrunk with age it seems) and her trousers are not so much ankle skimming as nearly calf skimming! (ok I exaggerate a little bit). A good 2 inches clear of the top of her shoes anyway.

Sadly, I didn't inherit that attribute:(

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES
M&Co tend to be quite short. I'm 5'9 and can't wear their clothes. MIL was 5'6 and needs the longest length they do. At size 10, men's trousers are probably the best bet as women's also tend to be quite big around the thighs as well.

Last edited:

Lainey 127

Nov 25, 2012
Liverpool UK
Hi there, I have the opposite problem with Mum as she's only 4' 11". Bon Marche are great for easy care trousers with elasticated waist in a lot of leg lengths :)

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Twiddler you do make me laugh!!!

Have you tried your local market for mums trousers? I only ask as that's where my dad gets a majority of my mums from, although she is only 5' 3" tall but our market do different lengths. They aren't anything special but do have elasticised waists. When everything is washes at 60 degrees dad says he won't buy dear as they just get ruined.

Failing that as others have said there good old George, F+F or even matalan?

Sharon

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. It looks as if I will be able to find something after all. I didn't know of some places and hadn't thought of others, so thank you.:)
xx