Where on earth can i buy classic clothes for senior parents?

dunlin

Jul 18, 2014
Really really struggling to buy any clothes for alzehimer father and mild dementia mother?!
Both wont wear other than what they have now....which is rapidly becoming threadbare
Where do you buy plain brushed cotton long sleeve blouses from?
Plain brown/beige zip fleece?
Sage green mens trousers?
any ideas? Very very greatfully appreciated!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Take a look at Cotton Traders, Lands End and Damart online. On foot, have you looked at John Lewis. Although as you say "almost thread bare" Is there a label still intact in any of this clothing that might give you a clue as to where they came from. Doubt you will be able to get the exact same, so you may have to be a little sneaky and put new clothing, without labels, into wardrobe and another sneaky act to try and remove some of the older clothing.

Babyaardvark

Apr 3, 2017
Classic clothing

Really really struggling to buy any clothes for alzehimer father and mild dementia mother?!
Both wont wear other than what they have now....which is rapidly becoming threadbare
Where do you buy plain brushed cotton long sleeve blouses from?
Plain brown/beige zip fleece?
Sage green mens trousers?
any ideas? Very very greatfully appreciated![/QUOT

Google Classic clothing for the elderly and you will get some websites. I can't post link as this is my first post.

Oh Knickers

Nov 19, 2016
I hope this doesn;t sound TOO weird. Oxfam has a vintage clothing part to their website. I know they are second hand but maybe less worn thatn your parents clothes?

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
I hope this doesn;t sound TOO weird. Oxfam has a vintage clothing part to their website. I know they are second hand but maybe less worn thatn your parents clothes?

I have bought a couple of good, classic jackets from Oxfam for my mum. She loves going into charity shops to look at all the clothes hanging on racks.

dunlin

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks so much for suggestions......i will work my way through them and the links
So far yes ive just recieved trousers for dad from 'chums' yay success!

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
For my mum I find a lot of decent and good value stuff at Matalan. Their trousers with elastic waist are very good quality. Bon Marche still do a few things for older folk, and I've also just ordered some sandals from Damart (who also seem to do nice clothes). There's stuff to be found on ebay too, if you have the time to search.

Oh Knickers

Nov 19, 2016
Had a totally surreal phone call from mother. She had been watching 'Murder' she wrote' Angela Lansbury was wearing a pink and black outfit. Mother asked what I had done with her pink and black outfit. I told her it had fallen to pieces and had been thrown out by sibling. 'Well I want another one'

The only way I can get a similar one is by time travel as the outfit was 30-40 years old and hideous even then. :D:D

Did try my own suggestion and look at Oxfam. No joy. As mother refuses to come back to future clothes wise her supply of clothes is getting smaller and smaller as what gets thrown out cannot be replaced. Unhappily, this year purple, her fave colour, is no longer in fashion.

Oh, joy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NorfolkRambler