Where is God for someone living with a dementia

Padraig

Dec 10, 2009
Hereford
That's Life

After Adam and Eve, life changed and is now made up of what some call good and evil. I like to think of it, as life's challanges. For those who've benn fortunate to have wonderful parents, the price you pay is when they become ill. Happiness turns to sadness. For laughfter there are tears; sunshine rain etc. To obtain the best results in growing vegetables you use manure.
When you learn lessions from life's bad experiences it makes you strong. When the going gets tough the tough get going.

'Always look on the bright side of life.'

HelenInBC

Mar 23, 2013
I don't believe in a 'higher being' but I am glad my mom has her faith. She is a catholic and her faith used to give her comfort and her church community was very helpful to her. I resent the fact that she has given so much of her hard earned money to the church, when she and my dad struggled to raise a large family on a modest income. Whenever I see evidence of the catholic church's vast wealth, it makes me sick to think how many poor followers worked to create that.

Organized religion (in my opinion) is the root of so much evil in the world, that I could never imagine myself being a follower of it.

I think we do the best we can with the life we are given. I think choosing to live in a way that benefits others can give us an inner sense of peace and contentment, but I don't believe it's a ticket to salvation or that there is anything after this life. We have to rely on each other. Bad stuff happens and it doesn't matter if you're "good people" or not. We see evidence of that every day in the news- and in our own lives.

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
This story may not answer the question about God or religion
But it is a heart-warming story about the faith in God and good
“disciples”
When we read all the terrible news about the results of bigots and extremists, the arguments about women bishops , gay marriages ,etc,
This story shows the best of the church and belief in God
It is a great pity we can’t all live up to our beliefs
jimbo 111

A bit of turbulence: How one priest attempted to revive Knock by building it an airport
Knock was a shanty town in the west of Ireland that had but a single blessing: in 1879, 15 people saw an apparition of the Virgin Mary . One visit from the Pope a century later, and a local priest was graced with a vision of how to transform this tiny backwater. Four decades on, is his dream still alive?
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-knock-by-building-it-an-airport-8752596.html

The 1980s news report is one of the classics of Irish television. Veteran reporter Jim Fahy was understandably bemused, having just chanced on a Catholic priest surrounded by workmen and bulldozers on a west of Ireland hilltop, miles from anywhere.
When the incredulous Fahy asked, "Monsignor Horan, what on earth are you doing?" the priest replied light-heartedly: "We're building an airport – now don't tell anybody. We've no money but we're hoping to get it next week or the week after."

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
When I was struggling emotionally when my mum was very unwell, and I felt very alone in my struggle, and so frustrated for my mum who had experienced more than her fair share of troubles in her life yet still managed to be incredibly loving, kind and caring, I came across the Footprints in the Sand prayer.

Whilst it doesn't answer all the questions, perhaps it might help someone who feels alone:

http://www.prayerfoundation.org/footprints_in_the_sand.htm