where do i go from here

dawn grant

Nov 21, 2007
bedhampton, portsmouth
This is the first time i have been on one of these sights i am finding things really tough at the moment.
My mother who is 67 is changing before my eyes she thinks she fine and sees no change in her self
Her partner left because he could not cope any longer. so she has come to live with me and life is very difficult i have a young family and her grandchildren really see a change in nanny aswell.
Mom is always in her hend bag taking things out putting them back acusing her family of taking things
so get angry with me thinks i'm making a fuss over nothing she won't see the doctor and have a proper assessment.
she has had to move to a different part of the country which she doesn't like much she want to be at home but there is no one to look out for her.
can somone sugest how i go about getting a assessment please.

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Hiya Dawn Grant.

When Jean was diagnosed at the age of 55 our assessments were made by the Social services throught the Communtiy Mental Health Services that we have in Doncaster.

I don't know what facilities you have in your area but i suspect that someone better qualified than me to help will be along very shortly.

In the meantime, try not to worry.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hello Dawn. Welcome to TP.

You say:
Mom is always in her hend bag taking things out putting them back acusing her family of taking things
Sounds quite trivial until you have to cope with that type of behaviour day in, day out, then it is very trying.

One suggestion would be to enlist the help of your local doctor.
If you write and explain the situation, then maybe your mum could go to the doctors for either "a flue jab or over 65 medical", and hopefully other things discussed.

Hopefully someone will have something better to suggest. In the meantime take care, and let us know how things go.