where did this come from

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi All
While at dinner to-night, Mum told us a story/tale:confused: about a man called Mixie Mohammad.
I couldn't understand the story, because she didn't make sense, but all through it Mixie Mohammad's name came up.

As far as I am aware, Mum has never known any Muslims or any Mohammads (I don't mean to offend any Mohammads on Tp) so where did that come from:confused:

It is like when my younger daughter had an imaginery friend called Nick-Nack, he caused us no end of trouble, eg in the middle of Tokyo Airport, she decided Nick-Nack had been left on the plane and hightailed it back through security to rescue him:eek:
Alfjess

a_daughter

Jan 30, 2007
South Buckinghamshire
At my mum's birthday party, she insisted on making a speech and then stood up and told some story about a dog called 'sex'.

It didn't make any sense at all, but she though it was hilarious and giggled all the way through.

At least she was happy that day.:)

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
My mother had imaginary people called Gordon, Antonio, Adrian, Shona and Podsnap, Shuri and Puri. (I noticed that as over the months the names became less like any real names she knew, to start with they were just fantasy men.)

Lila

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Mixie Mohammad's

could she mean the boxer Mohammad alie (sp) ? some where in her past could your father of like boxing and she geting it mix up

Or if could be that to her in her mind she saying the name right , but how she is sounding it out to you does not make sense As this has happen with my mother when she tell me thing, she look at me as if I was in the wrong in the way I am to her as in her mind she thinking of the name rightly I wonder and its just the word she trying to express it not coming out right, then it click with me few days later what she was trying to say

Then it could be something your mother heard on the TV and confusing it with her reality with you placing it with something in her past memory that she can still retain , so to her she think it happen .

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Magarita
Thanks for you reply, but Mum doesn't watch television now or read newspapers, so I don't think she meant Mohammed Ali, although who knows, maybe it is a name from the past:) It just seemed a funny name to come up with, although a few years ago she said, she knew a silent:D seeker called Plum Duff and he was friendly with my brother
If only we could know what they mean or are thinking.
Alfjess

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I'll tell you what's remarkable: if you put Mixie Mohammed into google you get 188 hits!