Where can I find support for me?

Handel

Sep 13, 2014
Southampton
Where can I find support for me? I need space and time to talk with other 'carers' (odd title) where my husband can safely be left.. I've found nothing local to me. Also, I give the impression that I'm strong, happy and coping... (I wish...) I seek conversation that is real and remembered... I could go on....

tony truro

Apr 23, 2018
Good morning @Handel. I'm sorry things are so hard for you.

I know you have tried to find something local but I thought it wouldn't hurt to put your postcode into the box in this link and see if it throws something up for you -

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/info/20011/find_support_near_you#!/search
its a hard life stay strong izzy .im new at this and feeling very lonly .i would like to say it will get better .but it would be a lie .i dont no what to exspect .things change daly .the other day teresa my wife for 50 years was compleatly normal exsept for a strange walk gait but memory verry good .then dusk came and it was back to the same .hope you manage to get some rest .thinking of you tony

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
its a hard life stay strong izzy .im new at this and feeling very lonly .i would like to say it will get better .but it would be a lie .i dont no what to exspect .things change daly .the other day teresa my wife for 50 years was compleatly normal exsept for a strange walk gait but memory verry good .then dusk came and it was back to the same .hope you manage to get some rest .thinking of you tony

Thank you @tony truro for your kind words - it's @Handel who is finding life so hard at the moment. My own situation is different as my husband passed away almost 2 years ago. I'm glad you are both posting here as there is so much support and understanding available on this forum. Take care.

tony truro

Apr 23, 2018
Where can I find support for me? I need space and time to talk with other 'carers' (odd title) where my husband can safely be left.. I've found nothing local to me. Also, I give the impression that I'm strong, happy and coping... (I wish...) I seek conversation that is real and remembered... I could go on....
hi handel i dident see this coming its unrelenting .exsept for the odd day of normality .stay strong and try to stay well .im in the same posistion with my wife .and im so mixed up .take care tony

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Yes, I do so understand and sympathise. So many of us give the impression that we are strong and coping, one reason is that it is so awful to be the object of pity. Of course you need real conversation. I was left feeling quite ill after a day of babble that might as well have been out of the flowerpot men ... Can any local charities help? The local church helped me, they invited me to join an afternoon group and we discuss everything under the sun as well as Biblical matters. Have you asked at the local library? That can sometimes be good source of help. All fellow feeling.