Where are my threads?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
BE, have you read my post #8?

If you subscribe to all your threads, they will appear under Subscribed Threads in you profile in the correct order.

As far as I know, only mods can combine threads, but my way works. I have all John's story in my subscribed threads, and I can access them from there. They won't disappear.

withy

Feb 23, 2013
Lancashire
Hi B.E.
I feel a bit "bereft" as well with with this new format. I got a lot of tips and help from just reading the posts when they were all together. It was like one big family meeting place, but now its all divided up I am not sure which section applies to me, and posts I had replied to have now "vanished". Its all very well saying we can find them, but when you are all stressed out you want something you are used to. I used to belong to the Parkinsons UK Forum, but that is all divided up and I preferred the more open, friendly feel this Forum had. I suppose we will get used to it but it wont be the same.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
There seem to be two different points here:

1) Are any threads being removed? The answer seems to be no. As I understand it, forums are closing to new threads but the existing threads will not be removed.

Please correct me if this is wrong.

2) Do we like the new arrangements?

I think personally it's far too early to decide.

Many of us may find the changes hard to get used to but that's not necessarily a valid reason to reject them.

Point 1 is, I would say, by far the most important question.

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
From my thread...same goes for the other mentioned too...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 384

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
There seem to be two different points here:

1) Are any threads being removed? The answer seems to be no. As I understand it, forums are closing to new threads but the existing threads will not be removed.

Please correct me if this is wrong.

2) Do we like the new arrangements?

I think personally it's far too early to decide.

Many of us may find the changes hard to get used to but that's not necessarily a valid reason to reject them.

Point 1 is, I would say, by far the most important question.

No threads have been "removed" (as in deleted) as a result of the forum changes. None. Sometimes in the course of moderation, threads may be removed from the publicly accessible area and if this is done, and the removal is permanent, the OP of the thread will be informed by a moderator or administrator by PM of that fact and the reasons behind it. So I can only suggest that a person who gets a "cannot access" message and it's their own thread, that they check their PM inbox.

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Strange how my thread has been removed despite the moved icon. It is not a new thread. So, no need for moderation now is there. No PM either! Anyway, I'll wait for Sue to investigate as she offered. As I said, my thread is not the only one. So, at the moment NONE means a minimum of two.

Fiona

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Strange how my thread has been removed despite the moved icon. It is not a new thread. So, no need for moderation now is there. No PM either! Anyway, I'll wait for Sue to investigate as she offered. As I said, my thread is not the only one. So, at the moment NONE means a minimum of two.

Fiona

Fiona - you will be getting a PM

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
And why would I be getting a PM? Not to tell me my thread has been deleted when NONE have been deleted...your words, not mine. Maybe none now means selective deletion in the hope that no one notices.

If that is the case then everyone should watch their posts and preserve them before they go missing, which was BEs question in the beginning.

Is the other member being PMed as well I wonder.

Off to sort my threads and posts out now...

Fiona

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
As I said, my thread is not the only one. So, at the moment NONE means a minimum of two.

Fiona

When a thread has been removed from the publicly accessible area, a thread redirect should not be left. However, sometimes things slip through the cracks and you will occasionally see a clearly "spam" thread that has been removed still listed on the forum but it will not be accessible. It obviously shouldn't happen, but it does sometimes in the hurry to remove those spam posts and get the spammer off the forum (anyone who has seen those early morning passport spam posts knows how quickly they can overrun the forum). So our apologies if such a redirect has confused anyone. If anyone spots another one, please contact a moderator so we can correct the problem. But I'll reiterate - no threads have been removed or deleted as the result of the forum change. The operative phrase being "as the result of the forum change".

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Does it matter so very much? I have to confess that I can hardly remember some of my earlier posts - they received the attention and required information/help/support at the time and quite honestly I can't think that they would be of interest to anyone else.
I haven't even looked for any of mine - I'm too busy keeping up with what's happening on TP now.

If it's because your various threads form some sort of record, then why not just have one continuous thread as some do - or, better still, start a blog. Isn't that what blogs are for?

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Does it matter so very much? I have to confess that I can hardly remember some of my earlier posts - they received the attention and required information/help/support at the time and quite honestly I can't think that they would be of interest to anyone else.
I haven't even looked for any of mine - I'm too busy keeping up with what's happening on TP now.

If it's because your various threads form some sort of record, then why not just have one continuous thread as some do - or, better still, start a blog. Isn't that what blogs are for?

i think it depends on why you use the forum. When people are in crisis, unsure of their own position, this happens to me a lot, as this disease is such an emotional rollercoaster it can help to revisit supportive threads. When you ask for advice and support is given, it can be really helpful in times of crisis or doubt to go back to that thread and read those supportive posts again.

I just reassures you that you are doing the right thing. (or otherwise)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951