When will memory clinics open again post lockdown?

LuLuP

Apr 3, 2020
My husband was diagnosed on the telephone and the consultant is refusing to prescribe Aricept until the memory clinic is open again and they can actively monitor my husband. Does anyone have an update on when the clinics will open again? He has got much worse and really is losing ground.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
My local clinic is doing telephone reviews and I was able to talk to a doctor about my wife's meds and arrange an adjustment thereof last week.

I wonder if it would be worth a go at phoning your clinic as, even if they are closed, they may have an answer service of some sort.

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
Ours is doing phone reviews too but it seems that you haven’t been referred to the memory clinic, unless the consultant was from there?

If you have been referred, give them a call as I’m sure they should be offering a phone consultation.

If you haven’t been referred perhaps your GP could intervene.

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
Earlier this year, Mum went on Aricept but we were told that it couldn't be prescribed until her heart had been checked and the first prescription had to issued by the hospital.

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
Our memory clinic is still open and Carers are being encouraged to contact them with any issues. They are going out to see people if there are issues which are impacting on the patient and Carer, so I advise giving them a ring.

LuLuP

Apr 3, 2020
Our memory clinic is still open and Carers are being encouraged to contact them with any issues. They are going out to see people if there are issues which are impacting on the patient and Carer, so I advise giving them a ring.
Thank you all for the replies. Yes, they spoke to me on the phone but wont prescribe Aricept until they can check OH's heart. I suggested that the GP surgery could do that, but no!