• Expert Q&A: Rare dementias - Tues 3 March, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of rare dementias. It will be hosted by Nikki and Seb from Rare Dementia Support. If you have any questions about rare dementias, they will be here to answer them on Tuesday 3 March between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

When to stop them from driving

Helena

May 24, 2006
One of my Mothers neighbours told her she should not be driving nearly a year ago .......Mother refused to speak to her since

AA Man was called out 5 times in Jan/feb .....Mother claimed garage had put something in the car !!!!!!!
AA Man wrote .......batty old woman ....on the report sheet
I suspect he reported her to DVLA but it took them nearly 3 months to send her a licence revocation letter

She is 90 and to my knowledge she was not called for a medical or a test
She blames her GP and says he is spiteful for saying she cant drive

However i am thankful she can no longer pose a danger to others and friends at my daughters wedding 13 years ago saw my Mothers driving then and said .....ouch

So personally I would like to see the system they have in New Zealand where every driver over 75 has to go for a test every year

Instead of the self certification nonsense we have here every 3 yrs after age 70