when it rains it pours.....

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
I am sitting here both reading and writing. Not knowing what to say and not wanting a reply. I know I come on here for support and I receive it and am grateful..I also come on here for knowledge and look at the posts as sort of a window into what is "normal" with a very dysfunctional disease. I am not trying to be a part of any "click" so don't get me wrong. I post because I feel mostly that mom and my life's little "adventures" can help others. I don't post condolences and congratulations very often because....well, I'm more of a huggy type of person and cannot ype my words to cnvey feelings.

On another day I would just be typing on....today has been a day. Mom has been to the hospital and back. Last night her catheter started to fill with blood again. The dr., nurse, and I all felt that maybe a trip to the hospital for some tests would be in order. Poor soul, I have never felt so bad as to her being poked for blood. Her arms now look like she has been beat up. The bllod work came back fine. She is back home.....off the plavix and aspirin. The dr's feel that her blood is thinning maybe too much and this is causing a "bleed" in her bladder. Short of cauterizing her bladder..there is nothing they can do. Her option is not an option as the dr's do not want to put her under. I understand. She is now home with hospice care.

Tomorrow will actually be her first visit from hospice. I just wanted to post to let people know. kAnd to know that thru all this she has actually acknowledged me as Nancy and said I Love you. Something we have not heard for months.

For those of you who feel left out, I am sorry, please go to the tea room and have a vacation on me. Don't post just take a look and relax and understand that the one picture not on there yet says..friends always welcome, family by appointment.

Take care everyone.

Nancy

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Tomorrow will actually be her first visit from hospice. I just wanted to post to let people know. kAnd to know that thru all this she has actually acknowledged me as Nancy and said I Love you. Something we have not heard for months

Sorry to read what happing to your mother thank- you posting letting us know . I hope all go well with the visit from the hospice tomorrow. I do hope they offer a good support net work for you also xx

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Nancy

It is not an easy road that you travel but to have those two small phrases from your Mum makes it all worth while.

I know how stressful the next wee while will be but you will always cherish the memories.

Stay strong and take heart, that even when the words are not there, your Mum does know you and love you.

(((((((((hugs))))))))))

Mameeskye

PS Thinking of packing up and coming for a vacation now!!

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Dear Nancy,

I'm sorry to hear about your mum and hope that the situation can be somewhat resolved.

How wonderful that your mum has spoke to you by name and told you she loves you. It gives other people hope that they may once again hear those words from their loved ones.

Take care.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Glad I'm still welcome, Nancy!:D

Hope your mum is OK, and you find hospice supportive for both of you.

Love,