When do you have respite

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi can you please help me ,when do I have respite I just don't know , Peter don't really know what's going on but I am sure he will know if I left him in a home , I keep saying when he really don't know I will but ,I just don't know how bad he's got to get before he's ready. I know I am ,I can feel myself getting lower and lower but trying not to , but I am frightened that if he does have a rest I won't want him to come home has anyone felt like that x Christmas

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello christmas, give respite a try, it will give you a rest from 24/7 caring, you need to recharge your batteries, l looked after my husband for too long on my own, he went into a CH for respite, the relief was wonderful, he is still there, it was a very hard decision to make, he is settled now. Please be kind to yourself and get some respite now. Take care

Hair Twiddler

Aug 14, 2012
Middle England
My lovely you are not "leaving him in a home" you will be gently placing him in the caring hands of a team of others who will look after him whilst you have a rest and recharge your soul and your bodily batteries.

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
I Not mutch help.

As when ever I talk to my oh he tells me he not going nowhere with out me so when it gets to the time I think it will be difficult. But I no that one day I will need to. Think of me as what good will I be to him if I cannot look after him. The time is right for you. Good look.