when do people take notice and get back to you

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
bob has had medication changed he is all over the place
secatry is on hols said they would phone today no call
what part of i need some help do they not understand bob said tonight i cant cope like this
love bel x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Bel. do hope you get that call back tomorrow. Sounds as if you both need help re. Bob's new medication.

Maybe don't wait too long tomorrow. Just phone early and create a little fuss. We should not have to, but sometimes it works.

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Bel

Do you have an assigned CPN.

I have found in the past that our CPN is very good at getting back to me and trying to sort the problem.

Could you go straight to the CPN and bypass the on holiday secretary?

If not then there should be a duty CPN.

Good luck

Alfjess

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear bel,

Please phone at 9 o`clock tomorrow and tell them you can`t wait any longer for someone to phone you.

Tell them you waited all day today, and your husband was in a bad way.

Tell them you need help. Tell them he needs help.

I could tell you some other things to tell them for letting you down, but I might get into trouble.

Love xx

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks i will phone at 9 tommorow

he has had very bad pains in his head for a few days -did not tell me straight away
i will phone tommorrow
thanks all bel x

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Bel,
I hope that you can soon get Bob's medication sorted out. Times have definitely changed, people just don't seem to care anymore. Thinking of you. Take Care. Taffy.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear bel, sorry your Bob is feeling so bad.

I hope you've made that phone call, and have got some help.

Don't forget to tell them about the headaches, that should be investigated immediately.

Love,

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Hello Bel,

I hope you've got the help you needed today.

I will dare to venture my perspective on how to get help when we need it without all the delays.

The key thing to remember is that you are dealing with just once "case" as it were - they have significantly more than that, plus they're not emotionally attached.

Now who will get the help first? The person who is polite and patient or the person who rings several times a day constantly asking for help and prgress reports? For my money it's the one who's mithering.

Yes they'll hate you but they'll also deal with you faster just to get rid of you.

It is additional stress that you don't need (and you shouldn't have to do it) but as someone who is in the position of looking for help and providing it as a customer service manager in a pressurised environment, it does work.

I'm not saying it's right I'm just suggesting it as a option.

Kate P
XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Bel,

I hope you managed to get some help for Bob today. Please let us know. We are worried about you.

Love xx

Natashalou

Mar 22, 2007
london
hi Bel

sorry to hear of your problems...but Id have to give exactly the opposite advice to the previous poster!
As an ex social worker (couldnt cope with the pressure) and a current housing advisor...in my opinion and experience it works exactly the other way about. Of course in an ideal world nobody would ever have to wait for help , a call back, or the advice and service they deserve.
But we all know thats not reality!
and once someone is labelled, unfairly or not, a "pest" ...nobody wants to deal with them or take their calls..and the service they receive is worse not better.
I absolutly never subscribe to the school of thought that its those who shout the loudest etc.
Yes, it might work sometimes...but it very often doesnt...and very often the one being shouted at isnt the right person anyway!

merlin

Aug 2, 2006
Surrey
Hi Bel

Agree your last poster natashalou. Being polite does seem to work. I must be in the minority on this forum as I have had excellent service from the the ss by being thus.

Try asking for an assessment or as the case may be a revised assessment ASAP. This might speed up their action.

Merlin

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I don't think antyone is suggesting not being polite: to be honest I doubt that Bel knows how to be rude :) However, persistence and not being fobbed off is an important aspect of getting the appropriate service in any realm of life. Shouting and whining, no, but polite persistence, yes.

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks all an update

bob said first thing today
have you phoned docs
he was worried about how he was and felt not like bob
phoned secatry she had been ill ---- i told her story
consultant is happy for bob to go back on original medication
have got medication but what about his pains in the head ---he was busy in clinic
great i am busy we all are busy

love bel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh bel, that`s not fair.

How about seeing your GP. Is s/he any good? S/he might be able to make a diagnosis, and tell how serious it is, and refer Bob for further treatment if necessary.

It might put your mind at rest.

If you are really worried, why don`t you phone NHS Direct now. They re marvellous, they listen to you and take you seriously.

The number is 0845 46 47 24 hour service.

Love xx

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi

Sorry I agree with Jennifer, Natashilou.

To get anywhere or anything done with SS you have to be persistant and plague them. Otherwise you will be put to the back of the queue.
Being deemed a pest is unfair if the service being delivered, is substandard, which in my experience it frequently was.

Everything had to in in crises before you could get any action from our SW.

I found that after waiting for weeks, while SW consulted her team leader and still no response or action, when I kicked up and got on to the supervisor, not with a complaint, just at the end of my patience, solutions were suddenly put in place. WE HAD ACTION.

I didn't shout, but made it clear, I didn't think they were providing the service that my parents were entitled to by law, after all, at the end of the day SS, are a service provider, like any other service company, only difference is, we only have one choice, we can't change companies if disatisfied with the service.

My advice to Bel is, keep on at them until you get what you want

Take care
Alfjess

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Hello Bel,

I agree with Alfjess - you need to get back on to them or maybe your GP.

I stand by my original opinion but I would like to point out that at NO point did I suggest anyone should shout or be inpolite - merely persistent and assertive.

Kate P
XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Bel,

Have you managed to get any help yet for the pain in Bob`s head? Please let us know, we are worried.

Love xx

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks all

you are spot on jenifer
i could not be rude -i am and have always been too soft and very sensative
this role i have to take on as head of the family etc --does not sit well
but i am getting a bit stronger -consutant changed bobs tablets will need to wait and see still waiting to speak to him re headaches
thanks all love bel x