1. Q&A: Medication - Thurs 22nd November, 3-4pm

Do you have questions about medication and drug treatments for dementia? There's no drug to cure dementia yet, but it's often possible to relieve some symptoms.

Our next expert Q&A will be hosted by Simon from our Knowledge Services team. He will be answering your questions on Thursday 22nd November from 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

When Deputyship ends

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Dino, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Dino

Dino Registered User

Aug 7, 2011
    Am here visiting mum from the States, when I first saw her I know she recognized me, up to then the nursing home staff said she usually are most of her food, it's pureed.

A few days ago mum went downhill coughing and could hardly swallow so was taken to hospital, had a very to the point nurse tell me this is very bad and to decide what's best for mum.

I truly believe mum waited for me to come xx

I hate to even ask this without it sounding selfish but it's certainly not where I'm coming from but I believe things need to be talked about.

I have mum's house up for sale after having a nightmare tenant.

I know Deputyship ends when something happens to mum but can the house still stay up for sale?

A solicitor is executor, can he pulled it off the market?

In mum's Will the house was to be sold.

Just need to know.

Thank you.xx

2. Bod

Bod Registered User

Aug 30, 2013
    I think all forms of Power of Attorney/Deputyship end on death of the Donor.
    At which point the named Executor takes over, to carry out the wishes of the Will.
    It will be the executor who decides whether or not the house continues for sale, at the current deal or not.

Bod

3. Macduff

Macduff Registered User

Feb 16, 2018
    Male
    West Sussex
    Spot on Bod. That's my understanding of it. too

4. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Yes, and mine too. I had deputyship for mum and sold her house. She was very poorly during the sale and I didnt know whether we would sell her home in time. I knew that if she passed away before the house was sold then it would have to be put on hold until probate was complete.