When Alzheimer’s really kicks in......

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
It's sooooo true! I could go on but I won't.

I Know what you mean , hopeful when your read , your go on as much as you like .

I having nightmare at the moment about my father who pass away, then mum got AZ, its making me cry. Lucky for me its a sure sigh that my brain is trying think to much to understand, work something out about mum past behavior am stressing over it because mum symptom are yes " are really Kicking in "

because even thought mum had those symptoms you’re talking about in the past . I don’t think I really understood what was happening, but I just keep quite would not tell anyone, so got no support. Its left a negative impact on me now mental even thought I am getting all the support from all services. My mother does not show me that side to me anymore, but she does to other people who she feel is taking me away from her. Now even to one day centre , she screamed blue murder at them when, when the worker told her , she was going to tell me about my mother behavior.

Sorry I have Just jump into this thread only reading part of Clive and yours post . Get all the outside support you can get, given if your mother became very challenging towards you or the the people out that really understand the behavior because the more you cope alone the harder it gets on you mental in the future.

Like you say " take one day at a time " also think it does pass, it does pass . It never go away , they just became more frail weak

Last edited:

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hello Cliff

We are into the endless folding and refolding and refolding a paper serviette and cannot come to bed before it is finished

I have been reading the posts and understand exactly what you are going through. My husband too gets very angry when I do not understand what he is saying - it started with just 'losing' the odd word, but now he seems to talk in riddles. Because we have been married a long time I usually can work out what he means, but sometimes I just have to give up!

We too are into the folding of serviettes/tissues. I feel it is rather like OCD and my husband insists on taking at least 3 folded handkerchiefs to bed with him PLUS a similar amount of folded kitchen papers - all neatly folded.

I too am noticing a change in personality recently and whereas before he was quite a caring person (not very - just quite!!) he suddenly now doesn't seem to have any feelings about anything - a total lack of emotion.

Sorry I can't help you to deal with it - still trying to live with it myself!

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Oh dear - I am so sorry I have just read Brucie's post regarding Cliff - I am afraid I had not read all the posts before I responded.

I do apologies.