Wheee! Highlight of the day

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Well, there are good days, and there are bad days.

Why not let us know when you have experienced something - anything - that has made your day a GOOD day?

Charlie

Apr 1, 2003
The highlight of my day was a little gem from my daughter (five).

She was telling us the facts of life, how the world started and how we all came about.

"First there was god. Now he doesn't have a mummy or daddy. Then god made Jack and Jill."

I still can't stop laughing!

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
My highlight was last week when my grand daughter aged 9 rang to tell me she had passed her first music exam.
I said now you can play at the Albert Hall,when do you take the next exam?.
She replied"Oh I am not taking any more exams I don't like the teacher"!
Norman

Geraldine

Oct 17, 2003
Nottingham
I'm off on holiday on Saturday safe in the knowledge that Mum is being well looked after in her care home. This will be my first holiday alone with my husband and son, Mum came with us for the past 11 years. There will be pangs of sadness but I intend to enjoy every minute of my families company!

Geraldine

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

My father was doing one of his 'is this really my wife?' routines yesterday and I produced documentary evidence in the way of wedding day photos. I also told them that they had been married for 63 years this November.

My mother looked at my father and said 'Well, we could always get a divorce if you're not happy'. My father replied, 'Not likely, I'm not having anyone steal you away from me now!'.

Jude

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

My highlight of today Friday 13th was to have been asked to become a Host on this forum!

I feel really privileged to have been asked and will do my very best to give all assistance that I can possibly can.

Jude

Geraldine

Oct 17, 2003
Nottingham
Dear All

something to follow on from that wonderful Olypic opening ceremony - as the camera zoomed in on the Acropylis my 10 year old son piped up

"whoa, they should nominate that for Restoration...it would win by miles!!"

regards
as ever

Geraldine

C

Chesca

Jude!

Congratulations on your hostiness. I think you're a brick, even if some time you feel you're the only one holding up the wall in your private life.
Now, put down your glass, would you like to take some time out and clear your private mailbox which apparently is full to bursting, it's almost as untidy as my kitchen!

Love
Chesca

C

Chesca

Today, after a space of about 30 years I hooked up with a friend from the past and he remembered Mum and the parties she let us have, cooking breakfast for a house full next morning, without turning a hair. Wow! More of it, please. She was bloody marvellous, he said and he is quite right. Good on yer, son. Made my day, anyway.

Chesca

C

Chesca

My dear kind partner, JJ, has today been asked for two interviews for new jobs and both sound very promising. He has been taking some awful **** from his current employer and it will serve him right if he loses him. Rattle those lucky charms. Happy days!

I also found out that friend from the past, some 30 years ago, is living about two miles from me! and hope to meet up with him and his better half soon.

Bruce, this site was a fine idea - I have determined to ensure a contribution each day, instead of being pessimistic. Thanks, once again. I'll be wearing pink feathers next!

Lotsa...
Chesca

C

Chesca

A highlight of the day retrospective: forgot to do it yesterday. JJ got job number one, but just to be awkward has decided he wants the next one.

Has gone for second job interview this morning and the sun is shining after a bloody awful night of stormy weather.

Chesca

Bugsy

Jun 1, 2004
Rochester, Kent
Tearful

As the heading suggests they are just coming out by the bucket load.

Dad is now in a 24 hr nursing home and where it is a great relief it also comes with the guilt. Dad has been away from home for 4 weeks now, hence my silence on this site for a while.

He has settled and has never asked to come home, or for me to take him out, which I have to say takes away a lot of the difficulties I had thought I would experience. Dad accepts the daily visits from me and Mum.

Like always I will never understand why this illness strikes the most nicest of people. Mum prays and talks to God every night to try to make Dad better and in some ways it works as he is now stable on his medication. He doesn't seem to be trying to escape, well not as far as I am aware, although in the back of my mind I have this feeling his is getting a plan together.

Now down to the response to this thread and the point I wanted to make.

My good bit to share is that Dad is enjoying the company of so many visitors, carers and residents. He responded so well yesterday when there was a visit from a lovely singer who sang all the old songs: Vera Lynn, Frank Sinatra, Ink Spots. Dad sang along with her on the mic, something he would never have done normally. Tears feel from his eyes as well as mine that day so it must have brought back his memories.

I know not everyone has good experiences in care homes but this is one that is really trying to make it a comfortable place for the patients to be in.

Best wishes to you all

C

Chesca

good news is: you've found a wonderful nursing home...bad news is: we're moving to Rochester, NOW.

Chesca

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Lesley

I'm so glad you've found a good home. I was beginning to think there was only one such place - Jan's.

We need stories of good homes to quell the natural feelings we all have when a loved one becomes resident in one.

When a partner/parent/sibling moves into a care home, we don't forget them. We just realise that, for them, it will be geared to care on a 24 hour basis, in situations where we cannot supply that level of care.

Over time you will find the guilt gets less.

Thanks for sharing a good bit of news!

Bugsy

Jun 1, 2004
Rochester, Kent
Houses for sale!

Chesca

You'd be more than welcome in Rochester - I'm so glad that I managed to move Mum and Dad out of London so that I could keep an eye on them both as Mum is disabled.

I do have to add that it is taking all their hard earned money but that has been a minor point to accept as when it runs out I know that they will still get that care.

The staff in the care home, in the main - you always get the exception, try to make it one big family home, that way when visitors come in they speak to the other residents. Some are very poorly which is the saddest part to see - such vibrant people becoming imprisoned by this illness.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Lesley,

It's wonderful to be able to share your good news. The Home sounds brilliant and I'm so glad that things are working out so well at last.

Jude