Wheee! Highlight of the day

happy painter

Nov 23, 2008
cheshire
butterflies

yesterday was wonderful we sat in the garden and my husband was relaxed and happy watching the butterflies on the budlia he seemed realy content.

PeterG

Oct 17, 2003
Hertfordshire, UK
Jen singing along to The Supremes in OT at her Assessment Centre. How on earth she remembers some of the words I have no idea, but her face was alive, smiling, nodding her head in time to the music.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Peter music is about the only thing that my husband responds to, tried to find somewhere that could fullfill this but have failed, but it is lovely to see their faces light up when a song is remembered .pam

Cl13

Feb 19, 2009
Cumbria uk
Hi, the other day my mum said she had know phone numbers or addresses so if she needed us she couldn't phone,
now when mum was with us she couldn't use the phone apart from actually talking on it.
she has said this before, my brother said give her our numbers, mine my brothers and my sisters. I said ok but she cant use the phone.
Yesterday the phone rang at 5.30 pm low and behold the voice said is that Lynn I said yes and she said dont you know who I am its your mum, I was gobsmacked, she had got some-one to take her down stairs and dial the number,
I asked mum hows your day been she said its been ok, I'm going to phone Jane now.
Jane didn't contact me so I dont know if she did or not, she's coming today so I'll find out.
I bet mum wont remember the call now.

mum never fails to surprize me these days.

Love Lynn

Bristolbelle

Aug 18, 2006
Bristol
In the doghouse

Outside a local shop an angry Mum was shouting at her son "You are going to be in the doghoues when you get home!" At which the boys oface lit up and he said "Wow! have we got a dog now?" Several people nearby laughed and even the Mum couldn't keep a straight face.

Sistertrace

Oct 8, 2009
hertfordshire
Im a carer by profession have been for years, but my uncle was diagnosed 7 years ago. Over the past year he has deteriorated quite rapidly. To the point where he doesnt remember me as his niece.

However, on my weekly visit today, i rang the doorbell and waited for my aunt to answer as she usually does, only to be greeted by my uncle.

As i always do i greeted him with ' hi uncle tony, is the kettle on?' To which he answered, 'of course it is trace, by the way, what have you done to your hair? i prefered it blue!!' ( i was a punk in my teen years)

maybe its time to relive my youth!! ha ha

T xxxxxxx

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
just had to tell you all about what happened to one of our doctors at work. he had recently moved into a new flat and after a couple of weeks decided to do his washing :eek: well when he went to put the soap powder in there looking at him was wait for it a SNAKE:eek after calling the RSPCA 5 hours later they turned up . the chap was petrified so doc offered to help and when they got it out it was ONE METRE LONG :eek: he had all these pics on his phone and we all vowed not to do any more washing. have just bought some halloween snake eggs from asda and am planning on planting them in his pocket on monday:D

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
well i might just borrow my sons rubber snake and put them under his desk with the eggs of course:D i do hope no ones coming from tp on monday for a colonoscopy :eek:

LuLu100

Sep 22, 2009
highlight of month

i think i will always laugh at this,my gran informed me that she met michael jackson in london years ago and he was a lovely man!! last night my aunt told me gran told her she had took their mum to meet the queen in buckingham palace!! 2 very famous people in different ways and my gran thinks she has met them both.fair play its just not anybody!!!!! lol lol lol:eek::eek::eek:

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Tony Weston OBE

Talk about famous people. We went to see The Royal Marine big band from Lympstone play yesterday and Tony Weston was there signing his book and of course selling it. It was in aid of The Royal Star & Garter Homes. They are as you may know caring for ex servicemen, widows(ers), spouses and partners of ex Service men and women and the charity is moving forward building new homes around the country which will include a special wing for those with dementia. The concert itself was absolutely fantastic and very emotional for my husband who himself is an ex service man even though he was in the RAF and not the marines. If you like brass band music and get a chance to see them you won't regret it.

parrypamela

Jul 23, 2009
deep words

I care for my mum with alzeimers and I get very upset at times when she says hurtful things to me. My daughter said "dont worry mum. Nan went to Heaven a while ago and it is just a shell you are seeing. Nan comes back to the shell for a visit occasionally". I told her I just wish the visits lasted a little longer.

mynyddisamrs

Feb 1, 2010
North Wales
:eek:Actually posted this on another thread but probably better here!!..

Just thought I'd share this with you .... Mum(86 + Denmentia) and I have been watching the winter Olympics on tv. The down hill ladies skiing. There have been loads of hair raising accidents and she's glued to the set. I said ....."I've put your name down and you're on in a few minutes!!" She looked at me, thought for a minute and then got up, grabbed her walking trolley, grabbed each handle , stuck her "bum" out , bent her knees and moved off "down hill" to the loo! Looked back at me and said .... I'l show them how to do it properly!!"
So nice to see my mum again for that fleeting moment!!:D

sully.

Jan 7, 2010
uk
Since hubby has had alzheimers he has been all the really nasty,loving, kind, horrible,forgetful and very bad behaviour seperated by a few days at a time, then he went horrible and nice lots of times during the same day like someone was switching a switch on and off, then he went really nasty and bad all the time for several weeks before xmas,after, and during all through jan,now though i seem to have got my NICE hubby back, he does still act funny and does odd things but the one who loves me and appreciates me is here and plans to stay for as long as possible, i hope he does! :D

KIMALISON

Feb 25, 2010
London
hi all
today is a good day, Mum stayed in bed allnight and Dad got a good nights sleep which he so needed. Went round and gave Mum a nice bath and washed her hair, my lovely daughter had a nice chat so Mum had a bath for her to please her..and after said she felt better for it. played Max Bygraves war songs had a dance.

Dad agreed to me looking at day centres for Mum because she is sleeping too much and he and i cant keep her amused as much as she needs. hope he don't change his mind.. Mum said she would like to if i go with her, she said to Dad you are a bit boring he said after nearly 70 years and i am boring, she gave him a kiss and he laughed

Mum still not eating or walking too well after her water infection hope it all gets better.
thanks for listening

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paddly