Wheee! Highlight of the day

Finnian

Sep 26, 2005
U.K.
I spent time on my allotment today. It was sunny and I was warm with 4 layers of jumpers ( thats a layer for every inch of ice in my rainwater butt). The ground is too wet to dig yet so the dog and I mooched round finding catkins and snowdrops in the wood that runs through the site. We saw the woodpecker for the first time this year. The time spent there has recharged my batteries.

Finnian

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Finnian, had an unexpected 'day off' yesterday.

Spent it in the garden. Started by just clearing some of last years late pots.
Ended up 6 bags of shredded matter to take to the tip. Do I feel better for it,?, well I have ached all day, but YES. Roll on true "Spring" Regards Connie

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
a simple text

My highlight? Just had it, received text message from my youngest son who went on school trip to Austria yesterday, arrived safely, and snow 2 feet deep. Can't wait for him to come home and hear all about his adventures.
Amy

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
I laughed out loud.......

I was making pancakes this evening for myself and Lionel.

I remarked that tomorrow was the start of Lent, and we should give something up. I was pouring him a glass of wine as I was speaking, and wondered what, if anything, he would say.

After a long pause he replied, " I shall give up pancakes for Lent"

He still has his wicked sense of humour. Connie

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Lovely story, Connie.

Today being St David's Day, I made some Welshcakes yesterday evening to take in to Jan today, with some daffodils. The first batch were overdone when I received a phone call when they were at a critical stage on the bakestone. The second batch was fine and I'll be taking them to her this afternoon.

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
It made my day

I was visiting our primary school as agovernor and was sat in a class of seven year olds when one said "Mr G, why is your face all red and cracked?". Sound observation!

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Gradual improvement

Looking back over old sites I can see that in spite of all the ups and downs my mother has been gradually improving over the last 4 months. When she came out of hospital I didn't think she'd still be in her own home 15 weeks later.

Lila

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
For instance when I went through the usual questions, what did you have for dinner? what are you having for supper? my mother commented that the conversation wasn't very exciting. The fact that she is perceiving more boredom seems quite promising.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
A little highlight which made me grin (whilst grinding my teeth!)

Yesterday morning it was sunny & bright, with rain forecast for the afternoon, so I got out into the back garden early to blitz some 'decorative' ivy which threatens to swamp everything else each year at about this time. I was hacking & hauling away at this triffid-like growth for about 2 hours, and knew that Mum (whose bedroom window overlooks the garden) had looked out several times to see what I was doing.

When I eventually puffed & panted indoors for a glass of water and a breather, she said "I must get out & trim back that Ivy this afternoon" (knowing full well it had now been done!) - wicked little devil.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Lynne, hope you enjoyed your time with the "triffid". Thats what comes of not being at work. Ouch!. Sorry..........Love Connie

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
No need to be sorry Connie. I freely admit to enjoying having a bit of time off, in which I can catch up with some of my good intentions. Not that I'm complacent about being out of work at the moment; I've got letters/CVs & application forms filled in & returned, but as yet no positive results.

However, Mum has an appt. with the doctor on Monday 13th, and I had a preliminary chat with him this week to make sure he understood roughly how things stand at the moment. He's keen to get the ball rolling as regards memory test, assessment & diagnosis as appropriate, and medication if appropriate. So that's progress of a sort on one front, anyway. Fingers crossed ...

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
I understand. My Mom yelled at me for sweeping the dirt from a potted plant off of her kitchen floor. I don't get why she won't let me lift a finger around her house which is so dirty. Last time I vaccumed I got my head taken off so now I just let it be dirty. sigh, can't believe after growing up doing chores I am now forbidden to do it. Must add that it is ok when my step sister come for a rare weekend to clean their house. Am I stupid? Complaining because I can't clean house, HA!
Theres just no reasoning with them is there?

Debbie

Finnian

Sep 26, 2005
U.K.
Rummy,
I have a filthy little house that would cure you once and for all. I could easily send my address.

Finnian