What's there, when there appears to be nothing left ...

Lady M

Sep 15, 2018
Essex
Your words and wisdom on TP have touched, inspired and comforted many.
May you now find some comfort knowing that those same persons are united with you in your sorrow.
Wishing you peace and fortitude x
x

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
Please accept my condolences. Wishing you strength in the weeks and months ahead. Your dear husband is at peace now, time to take care of yourself

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
So very sorry to hear this sad news, Geraldine. Wishing you strength in the months ahead. Sending love and hugs xx Take time for yourself, then please keep in touch with all your friends on TP. You have so much to offer with your kind, wise words xxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Geraldine @kindred - I am so, so sorry. My heart goes out to you at this saddest of times.
Holding you close in my thoughts and prayers X

'Love is pure energy and
No matter how hard you try,
You can never kill love
Because pure energy can’t die
The feeling of love can fade,
And the body can cease to give,
But the energy created by love
Is immortal and continues
To live'.

(author unknown)

My grandmother said she was always aware of my grandfather helping her, in life he had been gassed so was very poorly. I too when very young felt his loving presence, this was long before my grandmother spoke to me.
I think loving energy is quite tangible, I know it does not entirely replace what we have lost but it can comfort.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news @kindred and hope it will be some consolation for you to know you gave him all you could to make his final months the best they could be.

Gladys1946

Feb 17, 2019
I hate to put the damper on all these lovely messages of encouragement and support. On any other day I would feel the same way but today I'm feeling so low and weepy and am actually feeling very sorry for myself and feeling guilty knowing that lots of folk are in a worse position.
Is it OK to feel a bit sorry for oneself or is that too indulgent?.
No it's not. I feel exactly the same today.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
So sorry Geraldine. xxx

They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it.
Death cannot kill what never dies.
Nor can spirits ever be divided, that love and live in the same divine principle, the root and record of their friendship.
If absence be not death, neither is theirs.
Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still.
For they must needs be present, that love and live in that which is omnipresent.
In this divine glass they see face to face; and their converse is free, as well as pure.
This is the comfort of friends, that though they may be said to die, yet their friendship and society are, in the best sense, ever present, because immortal.”

William Penn

mickeyplum

Feb 22, 2018
No, you are being honest, I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes when we are exhausted we need time to fill up before we can give anything. Be kind to yourself. With love Alice.

Many thanks to all of you for your understanding, especially Geraldine who is suffering recent loss but found it in her heart to respond.
That's the thing I love about TP, you can speak freely about your emotions knowing no one will judge you. I'm feeling a bit brighter now thanks to being able to offload to you all.

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
sad news @kindred
think of yourself and your loved ones at this time, you all need time to make arrangements and to grieve
my condolences
So sorry. I always felt uplifted by your stories of what happened in Keith's Care home. You put so much effort for Keith and the other residents. Take care of yourself at this difficult time. Best wishes Susan

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Thinking of you @kindred I’m so sorry for the loss of your beloved blue eyed boy ...and I thought about the poem from Carve Her Name With Pride posted on TP .This is the last verse of that poem .....

A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years in the long green grass
Will be yours and yours and yours

My husband and I have known and loved this poem after seeing the film over 60 odd years ago.
Take care of yourself A x

Loisand

Dec 25, 2017
So very sorry Kindred aka Geraldine, my thoughts, love and hugs are with you all the way, xx