What's there, when there appears to be nothing left ...

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by kindred, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Lady M

Lady M Registered User

Sep 15, 2018
    Female
    Essex
    Your words and wisdom on TP have touched, inspired and comforted many.
    May you now find some comfort knowing that those same persons are united with you in your sorrow.
    Wishing you peace and fortitude x
    x

2. notsogooddtr

notsogooddtr Registered User

Jul 2, 2011
    Please accept my condolences. Wishing you strength in the weeks and months ahead. Your dear husband is at peace now, time to take care of yourself

3. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Registered User

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
  4. anxious annie

anxious annie Registered User

Jan 2, 2019
    So very sorry to hear this sad news, Geraldine. Wishing you strength in the months ahead. Sending love and hugs xx Take time for yourself, then please keep in touch with all your friends on TP. You have so much to offer with your kind, wise words xxx

5. AliceA

AliceA Registered User

May 27, 2016
    My grandmother said she was always aware of my grandfather helping her, in life he had been gassed so was very poorly. I too when very young felt his loving presence, this was long before my grandmother spoke to me.
    I think loving energy is quite tangible, I know it does not entirely replace what we have lost but it can comfort.

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I'm so sorry to hear your sad news @kindred and hope it will be some consolation for you to know you gave him all you could to make his final months the best they could be.

7. Gladys1946

Gladys1946 Registered User

Feb 17, 2019
    No it's not. I feel exactly the same today.

8. Gladys1946

Gladys1946 Registered User

Feb 17, 2019
    My condolences to you Geraldine. X

9. Sarasa

Sarasa Registered User

Apr 13, 2018
    So sorry Geraldine. xxx

They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it.
    Death cannot kill what never dies.
    Nor can spirits ever be divided, that love and live in the same divine principle, the root and record of their friendship.
    If absence be not death, neither is theirs.
    Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still.
    For they must needs be present, that love and live in that which is omnipresent.
    In this divine glass they see face to face; and their converse is free, as well as pure.
    This is the comfort of friends, that though they may be said to die, yet their friendship and society are, in the best sense, ever present, because immortal.”

William Penn

10. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Thinking of you. xxx

11. mickeyplum

mickeyplum Registered User

Feb 22, 2018
    Many thanks to all of you for your understanding, especially Geraldine who is suffering recent loss but found it in her heart to respond.
    That's the thing I love about TP, you can speak freely about your emotions knowing no one will judge you. I'm feeling a bit brighter now thanks to being able to offload to you all.

12. Guzelle

Guzelle Registered User

Aug 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    So sorry for your sad loss. Sending love and hugs x

13. Justmary

Justmary Registered User

Jul 12, 2018
    Female
    West Midlands
    I'm so sorry Geraldine. If you can, please stay with us. You always make us feel better, and we love you. Mary xx

14. Pipeth

Pipeth Registered User

Jan 13, 2018
    Female
    Northamptonshire
    Sending heartfelt sympathy and love, you have been a shining light on here for us all, you would be greatly missed. Take care.

15. Susan11

Susan11 Registered User

Nov 18, 2018
    So sorry. I always felt uplifted by your stories of what happened in Keith's Care home. You put so much effort for Keith and the other residents. Take care of yourself at this difficult time. Best wishes Susan

16. Goldie Girl

Goldie Girl Registered User

Oct 20, 2018
    Female
    West Midlands
    I am so sorry to hear your sad news Geraldine, your Blue Eyed Boy will always be in your heart. You are both in my prayers. Love Kerryx

17. Lilac Blossom

Lilac Blossom Registered User

Oct 6, 2014
    Scotland
    God bless and comfort you at this sad time, Geraldine.
    Love - Lilac blossom x

18. reedysue

reedysue Registered User

Nov 4, 2014
    Scotland
    I am so sorry to hear your sad news, sending you my condolences x

19. Starbright

Starbright Registered User

Apr 8, 2018
    Female
    Thinking of you @kindred I’m so sorry for the loss of your beloved blue eyed boy ...and I thought about the poem from Carve Her Name With Pride posted on TP .This is the last verse of that poem .....

A sleep I shall have
    A rest I shall have
    Yet death will be but a pause
    For the peace of my years in the long green grass
    Will be yours and yours and yours

My husband and I have known and loved this poem after seeing the film over 60 odd years ago.
    Take care of yourself A x

20. Loisand

Loisand Registered User

Dec 25, 2017
    So very sorry Kindred aka Geraldine, my thoughts, love and hugs are with you all the way, xx