Whats Next?

Memori

Sep 22, 2006
I dont know what I am doing on the forum as I should be doing a million other things, Mum is in hospital, she had acute anemia and went in for a blood transfusion and has been there since, as she was diagnosed with leukemia on top of her other problems, I'm not sure what type it is but think it may be AML, she has since had another transfusion, and is having more tests before she can come out, the outlook is quite bleak I've been told, and my mind is still in a state of shock, when I saw her last time she thought she was at home, so was not too worried, and seems content although she wants to answer the hospital phone when it rings and must be keeping the nurses very busy with her wanderings and I hope the other patients dont get cross when she thinks they are all there to visit her, its all the paperwork that gets me down and all the things that have to be organised, Ive just tried to get her post redirected and even that is difficult, why is it that things are made so difficult at times like this? and if she has to keep going back in for more transfusions how do I decide when enough is enough? for now its one day at a time.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
its all the paperwork that gets me down and all the things that have to be organised, Ive just tried to get her post redirected and even that is difficult, why is it that things are made so difficult at times like this?

Our brains just can't take the strain of the grief we feeling on Top of every day life issue that are thrown at as as we try to cope with everything .

How I cope :rolleyes: I taking a deep breath while trying to find some time out just for for me think with a clear mind is a must other wise I would not be able to carry on with the paperwork , sometime I just think sod the paper work I get back to it when my mind is more clear .

You take care of yourself , may sound easy for me to say but I know its not for you . try not to be so hard on yourself when thing seem to be so out of control , it all fall into place . like you say take one day at a time

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Sometimes the sheer effort is just too much with the stress of the whole situation.

I generally find that I set myself a list and cross out what I can accomplish, dividing the tasks into small segments if necessary just so I feel that I have achieved something. I think this dats back to when the boys were small and if I amanged to put a load of washing on it was a great day!!

This disease is so cruel in that it gives us so much to do, dealing often with people who really don't have a clue what dementia means and who feel the need to tie us in red tape.

At the end of the day you can only do so much. Take a break, get a cuppa and put your feet up for a few minutes.

As to the other hard decisions you may need to make, trust in yourself and your Mum's medics to let you know when the time is right to call a halt. You will know yourself when the time is there.

((((hugs)))

Mameeskye