What's happened?

Larkrise

Apr 9, 2008
Hi everyone - I wonder if anyone can throw any light on this: My mother who was diagnosed back in April - still living independently at home - has always had quite severe symptoms of 'fogginess' when she wakes up in the morning, which can last until mid afternoon. This was the case before her diagnosis. She describes it as feeling quite awful and so now she tailors her day to fit in with when the symptoms subside, i.e. walking her dog, driving into the village. She is on Aricept and an anti-depressant (altho she says she has never been depressed and I too have never seen the signs) However, I got a phone call from her this morning absolutely delighted with 'something that happened during the night'. She awoke to go to the loo and said when she got up she felt marvellous, as though nothing was wrong with her at all. She had no sypmtoms whatsover of a foggy, muggy head with feelings of confusion. But, she said, my bed was absolutely soaked right through. When she got up this morning, she still felt fantastic and says she's been buzzing about this morning doing all sorts and was just about to take the dog for a walk. I'm delighted for her - it sounds as though all the badness has come to a peak and broken out in this feverish sweat. I hope these positive feelings continue. I must add, mum is still very compus mentus and is not prone to dilusions - just forgets her words and the foggy head can affect co-ordination. Has anyone else had experience of this and what does it mean?

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Hello Larkrise

I'm afraid I can't cast any light on what may have happened to your Mum, but I hope the perceived 'improvement' stays with her!
I can only hazard a guess that the anti-depressants she has been taking have kicked in (they do take MONTHS to have a full beneficial effect, which not everyone realises)
and made her feel better; but it is only a guess. :confused:

Depending on what drug she was prescribed, some are used to relieve anxiety, some for neuralgia - it's not always classic depression.

Whatever, I hope she continues to feel better, which will in turn make you feel less stressed.

Best wishes

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinydaffodil