What/where next??

puds

Apr 7, 2015
Hi

I am new here, my husbands aunt lives with us as after a 2 year battle she has finally been diagnosed given some medication and left for us to deal with. She has mixed dementia alzeihmer and vascular she can be quite aggressive at times and verbally abusive. She has a poor sleep pattern and can some days eat breakfast 3 or 4 times. Other times she can be very independent.

I am finding the situation stressful at the moment as my husband is unwell and having tests for possible prostrate cancer. And my parents who are both in their 80's are physical deteriorating they live 70 miles away so now I have to visit on my own as cannot leave aunty without eitherme ormy husband being with her. We have cancelled our holiday as we cannot leave her previously friends have helped but she has become to demanding on their time.

The other thing is that she is confusing my husband with her husband and that I am 'the other woman'

Sorry for the long post but just needed to talk

I guess what I really need to know is what support is out there and how do I access.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
You have too much to cope with. One person supporting four doesn't wotk without a collapse eventually. Talk your options through on the phone with Age UK or Alz Soc as soon as possible.