What type

woogiebear

Jan 18, 2016
My husband has some form of Dementia but has never been told what type.
It started about 10 years ago after having a mild stroke. He is now in a care home as he is unable to walk. He is got up and sat in his chair, eats very well, looks at his newspaper though I don't think he is reading it. He no longer speaks, spends time silently counting on his fingers, seems unaware of his surroundings. Falls into a deep sleep at the drop of a hat, sleeps a lot of the time. He looks at me sometimes as if trying to recall who I am.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
My husband has some form of Dementia but has never been told what type.
It started about 10 years ago after having a mild stroke. He is now in a care home as he is unable to walk. He is got up and sat in his chair, eats very well, looks at his newspaper though I don't think he is reading it. He no longer speaks, spends time silently counting on his fingers, seems unaware of his surroundings. Falls into a deep sleep at the drop of a hat, sleeps a lot of the time. He looks at me sometimes as if trying to recall who I am.

Afternoon Woogiebear. Can I just ask how you know your husband has dementia if you don't know what type. It sounds like it may be vascular dementia if it is stroke related and he stroke affected the speech centres of the brain. I am just going by experience of OH and her vascular D being related to a stroke. Hopefully someone on TP or your Dr can give a better answer.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan