what stage

grimsby28

Feb 4, 2008
grimsby
hi everyone havent been on for a while as just trying to cope with everything i was wondering if any one can tell me what stage mum is in she has changed so much doesnt call me by name but does call my husband by name thinks my brother is her brothershe been very quiet lately just sits and talks to her self most off time still getting respite she gets very annoyed when i go out of the room says she been left on her own all day i have to do other things making beds ect not to much as have just been for scan to see if have bone wasting disease as athrites pretty bad at mo is it normal for mum to sit so quiet as she never has before she joins in with my husbans and i conversations some times and makes out she knows what we talking about but hasnt a clue she has know sense of time or day of week its like she waitng to die know that sounds harsh but that is how it feels can anyone help me as dont know weather it time for full time care home thanks to you all for your support previously

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
she joins in with my husbans and i conversations some times and makes out she knows what we talking about but hasnt a clue she has know sense of time or day of week its like she waitng to die

My mother like that , with conversations, also does not know what day it is or what time it is . I use to perceive it like that , its as if she waiting to die, but she not its Just part of symptom of dementia .

My mother also confuses family names , gets very confused wheich grandchild is which .

when i go out of the room says she been left on her own all day i have to do other things making beds ect

Seeing that your mother can not make sense of time any more , your find 5 Min in are reality of time . is like hours in they reality of time , then it can even work the other way around as it progresses

I could go to the shops tell my mother I won't be long & then I am gone for an hour or so . when I get back my mother say " Oh you came back soon , I alway have to tell my mother what room I am in & I won't be long ,I have to do a lot of reassuring that I won't be long, even thought my mother has no sense of time .

Now mum at the stage that I can reassure her that I won't be long , that when I am gone get back she fast asleep does not remember that I went in the first place

Last edited:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Grimsby

I can't say what stage your mum is at but I have been looking at another forum tonight and someone with dementia was able to write her experience which I found very interesting. She was able to say that she needs to have her own quiet place where she can feel part of what is going on but also escape if she needs to. She wouldn't physically escape but would just go very quiet and her family understood this and would let her be.

This may be like your mum or it may not, I just thought I'd share it with you.

Love

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peanutbrain