What now?

Mme Blonde

Jun 8, 2014
Up North
My husband was sectioned on Friday and is now in hospital. Life had become so difficult prior to this that I feel that he ought to move into full time care on his discharge. As we won't be self funding I believe that social services will be the ones making this decision rather than me. Does anyone out there have any recent experience of this?

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Mme Blonde
what a lot you and your husband are going through
hopefully the staff will be able to assess your husband and work through ways to support him

I don't have relevant experience myself, but there are members who know this process well and given time, I'm sure will be along with their thoughts

best wishes to you both

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Mme blonde, my husband went in to a Care Home 1yr ago, l had a nervous breakdown, Social Services found a home for him as l could no longer look after him. With in 10 days all the assessments were done, and a home was found. If you can no longer look after your husband contact your Dr. he will refer you to Social Services. I am not self funding, it was all done very quickly.

Mme Blonde

Jun 8, 2014
Up North
Thank you both for your replies and support.
I have taken the precaution of securing a GP appointment for Tuesday so will start there

Mme Blonde

Jun 8, 2014
Up North
This is an update. Two weeks along from my husband being sectioned and he is now on a medical ward suffering from pneumonia. He is 'very poorly' and his bed on the mental health ward has been withdrawn. When he was admitted he was physically fit and has obviously picked up a hospital infection. It is all so worrying that I am not benefiting from the time on my own.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
It is all so worrying that I am not benefiting from the time on my own.

I know what you mean there, 10 months down the line from my wife being sectioned them moved to full time care in a home and being on your own is one of the hardest bit for me and several other people who visit the home.
A few of us visit daily some more than once a day, I've come to think of us at the EHO, the Empty Home Avoiders club.
K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhubarb1989