What now

pixie2

Jul 21, 2018
My mother has been gone a couple of months. I miss her terribly and can't stop thinking how horrible the end was. Mostly I feel very lonely now and don't know how to fill my time

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I found the horrible thoughts faded & happier memories returned after a couple of months @pixie2.
I started volunteering as a way to fill the huge void.

pixie2

Jul 21, 2018
I found the horrible thoughts faded & happier memories returned after a couple of months @pixie2.
I started volunteering as a way to fill the huge void.
Thankyou for your reply. Im sure you are right. I am sitting looking at photos of happier times. I usually do charity walks etc so hopefully they will start up again

Pepp3r

May 22, 2020
Im in a similar situation to you pixie2, the horrible thoughts come and I let them, I have little cry and then tell myself mum wouldn't want me feel like this. Each time this happens it gets a little easier ( just a bit ). Cat27's suggestion of volunteering is something I have considered too but ive only got as far as saying a hello to everyone I see on my daily walk ! - its a work in progress ! My thoughts are with you in this difficult time pixie2, keep strong and small steps .

pixie2

Jul 21, 2018
Im in a similar situation to you pixie2, the horrible thoughts come and I let them, I have little cry and then tell myself mum wouldn't want me feel like this. Each time this happens it gets a little easier ( just a bit ). Cat27's suggestion of volunteering is something I have considered too but ive only got as far as saying a hello to everyone I see on my daily walk ! - its a work in progress ! My thoughts are with you in this difficult time pixie2, keep strong and small steps .
Its nice not to be alone, to have others on here to talk too. Just had a little cry now