What now?

honeybears

Oct 18, 2014
Hampshire
Hi Crafty J and everyone out there in a similar situation

Sadly my journey with Mum came to an end yesterday when the call I had been dreading finally came through - Mum passed away peacefully yesterday morning.

Having collected all of her personal belongings from the care home the day before and brought them home with me, it seemed fitting that the end should come so soon afterwards.

Thanks to everyone for their support and if you are still waiting for your call to come through, I hope that as with mine whilst their loss is with immense sadness, the fact that Mum is now at peace is all that matters.

CraftyJ

Jan 31, 2014
Bedfordshire
Honeybears

So sorry to hear about your mum, even though it was near. Feel so sad for you but relieved in another way as you know her suffering is at an end and she is at peace.

I hope this forum will still give you some comfort and hope its helped you on this journey. Ironic as you say that you had only cleared out your mums room at the Home just beforehand. Perhaps she knew?

Please take care of yourself and thanks for your support too. Mum is on the up of the rollercoaster at the mo, so its just waiting for life/nature to take its course which could be months - who knows.

Last edited:

malengwa

Jan 26, 2017
Thinking of you honeybears, I'm glad your mum passed peacefully and that awful limbo wait is over. The next few days or weeks coukd be a bit hectic so do look after yourself too, that's really important.

Otiruz

Nov 28, 2015
Kent
Hello Honeybears, thank you for sharing this very sad journey. I can only offer my sincere condolences and add that I feel you have been brave and dignified. Take care of you.