What No Stickers?

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
In the good old days if you were brave at the dentist you would get a sticker to prove it. You would parade you sticker for a few days to display your bravery. Yesterday, at the suggestion of the dentist, I braved a filling in one of my molars without an injection. Some pain but no numbness in the mouth afterwards and no sticker.

Is this another example of NHS cut backs you might ask. No it was a Private Dentist! :D:D

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
My grandson gets a superman sticker when he goes to the dentist, of course it's just for a check up,

You are brave GL,

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
ST508.jpg

These are for you GLx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
You're braver than me, GL - no way would I let a dentist do a filling without being numbed to my eyeballs!:D

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
I have to go to the dentist soon for a major reconstruction of a tooth, they have suggested I have a special thing called the "wand" which will only numb the tooth they are working on (I will have to pay an extra £10 for this) instead of the usual nerve block which will numb the whole of my lower jaw on that side (and is free)

I am opting for the free nerve block as I often have a lot of discomfort from the yanking about of my mouth and the suction machine, which will not be so bad if everything is numb.

And I still give stickers to children who have been brave where I work. (and the teachers too, even though they are usually wimps)

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I realised as I drove away from the dentist last week she hadn't offered my son aged 10 a sticker. Not sure if he would have wanted it or not, we did leave with son in tears, but he has grown out of stickers in the last year.

Tears were caused because a baby tooth hasn't come out, and on xrays the adult tooth isn't there, so he has years of orthodontist ahead of him, with braces to hold or close gap, depending on what is best with what else is there. Need to get full orthodontist xray to give us answers.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Just thought I ought to mention that I would have given my sticker to my teddy who keeps an eye on Maureen. He is right upset as I had told him I would get one for him.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Have you tried removing stickers from fluffy teddy bears?:eek:
Without fluffy teddy bear looking like he had worn said sticker? :eek:

Probably good that you didn't get one.

I think son found dentists selection of stickers a bit limited anyway - no cycling ones and he was never into comic heros.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Just thought I ought to mention that I would have given my sticker to my teddy who keeps an eye on Maureen. He is right upset as I had told him I would get one for him.

Aww poor teddy.

I need an anaesthetic just to walk into a dentists waiting room.

As a youngster around 5yrs old I remember someone trying to take a blood sample from me and failing miserably ,she was really hurting me so I was crying lots, eventually she gave up n told me that as I had not been brave I could not have a lollipop , then she took me back to the room wher mum n dad were waiting.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Calling In PDSA

No stickers and now hat is falling off. I expect a call from the RSPCA.

Attachments

• Teddy 008.jpg
    Teddy 008.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Unfortunately have to get emergency appt today. Toothache now pretty unbearable. No courage here.
I am with you there truth I hope it goes ok at dentist toothache is horrible I had tooth out yesterday with lots of numbing injections didn't get no sticker grey lad x

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I realised as I drove away from the dentist last week she hadn't offered my son aged 10 a sticker. Not sure if he would have wanted it or not, we did leave with son in tears, but he has grown out of stickers in the last year.

Tears were caused because a baby tooth hasn't come out, and on xrays the adult tooth isn't there, so he has years of orthodontist ahead of him, with braces to hold or close gap, depending on what is best with what else is there. Need to get full orthodontist xray to give us answers.

Both my daughters had a couple of adult teeth missing, one had to have braces anyway to correct her bite so milk teeth were removed and braces used to pull the teeth into place, she has lovely straight teeth now. The other daughter still has her milk teeth as she didn't need any orthodontics, she is 35 now and the milk teeth are still bearing up! x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point