What it was like for me

truckman

Nov 12, 2009
The first time i noticed anything was about five years ago. i was driving my truck through france and suddenly got a feeling of not knowing where i was.
I stopped at a service station and could not remember where i was going or even what country. I had a phone on the dashboard, but did not know who to call.
i dug out my maps and got my delivery note but could not understand what was on it.

i must have tried ofr an our or two before bits came back to me.

My wife asked me what I felt like, so I handed her a map and said "plan a route" Where to she said. to wich i replied.... thats what it was like!

I have always been puzzeld by something though. Since this event I cannot understand how I knew I was in France, I still knew how to drive, but did not know were exactly i was (the service area).
Even to this day I still cannot remember where.
I would have thought I would just have forgot everything.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Hi Truckman

Perhaps it's not so strange after all. If this was your first 'blank moment', maybe your sub-conscious has buried it so deeply it is stopping you from remembering where you were.

truckman

Nov 12, 2009
Perhaps it's not so strange after all. If this was your first 'blank moment', maybe your sub-conscious has buried it so deeply it is stopping you from remembering where you were.

Hi Lynne,

I realise it may be burried somewher..... I just find it odd how i forgot where i was yet still remembered how to drive when I couldnt even remember what country I was going to. Just as well the boss didnt have a tracker on the truck, I was at the services a long time I think :confused: He may of thought I was having a crafty snooze :D

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Trucker

I just find it odd how i forgot where i was yet still remembered how to drive when I couldnt even remember what country I was going to.

The Speech and Language therapist that comes to see us has helped me to understand a few things about Alan that I didn't realise.

Maybe it's because it involves different areas of the brain. Driving itself is different to orientation. It would be the other way round with Alan. Alan has no orientation problems at all but he did develop a problem with driving.

Love

truckman

Nov 12, 2009
Thank you Helen,
That does seem to make sense to me now. Seems simple now I think about it.

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
Dear Truckman, I think the patchiness is what we all experience. A few weeks ago I was totally 'out of it' didn't recognise Paul or our house, and wanted to be somewhere else, anywhere else, but when he asked me if there was anyone I would like to talk to, I asked for the wisest,truest friend I have, so I remembered her. And when he asked me if I would like some music on I knew what would help me. Think of a tangled up ball of sgtring, there are some strands that are less in a tangle tnan others, and we start with those.
I hope you are started to make sense of what doesn't really make sense at all.
Shelagh

truckman

Nov 12, 2009
Think of a tangled up ball of sgtring, there are some strands that are less in a tangle tnan others

What a clever way of looking at it, Than you for that

Norman

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

From one Norm to another i know ralising something is wrong for the first time is so frightening. I had been up to mum`s in Bolton a month prior to it being mentioned but i had absolutley no memeory of it. I then realised something was very wrong, all i can say is just try to enjoy what you have today, as for tommorow? who knows ?? Maybe a cure, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

truckman

Nov 12, 2009
From one Norm to another i know ralising something is wrong for the first time is so frightening. I had been up to mum`s in Bolton a month prior to it being mentioned but i had absolutley no memeory of it. I then realised something was very wrong, all i can say is just try to enjoy what you have today, as for tommorow? who knows ?? Maybe a cure, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning norrms

I have to admit i do find some things odd, I suppose I am hoping that when i go back to the clinic next they realise they have made a mistake. Heres hoping;)

all the best

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
I think we all have that dream - I even imagine myself ringing the kids up and saying 'Guess what - the scan was wrong it was just overwork - Perhaps it's a smalldefence against reality.
Love Shelagh

truckman

Nov 12, 2009
I think we all have that dream - I even imagine myself ringing the kids up and saying 'Guess what - the scan was wrong it was just overwork - Perhaps it's a smalldefence against reality.
Love Shelagh

Its a nice thought though isnt it ;)