What is the point?

CherryTT4

Dec 5, 2019
Wiltshire
Hello, there was a post recently from someone about their fathers pet. My mother who is 88 has a dog and I worry about her feeding it. However I live across the road and keep an eye on how much food it seems to get and how many packets are left. However I have just realised that forgetting to feed and water the dog is the same as forgetting that she has already fed the dog! Today there has been another mild issue with the phone. I phone her and then she does not hang up properly. Then her sister phones her and cannot get through. I then ask my husband - because I'm in the middle of cleaning our parrot out - to pop down to make sure she is okay and put the phone back on the hook. This is its self is difficult because my husband also had cognitive and memory issues. So he does resolve it and she phones me back - great. However he then comes back and says - modern phones are useless and we need to get a simpler phone something she can use with easy. He too has a problem with land and mobile phones. My 'what is the point?' is that they will never cope with anything new - even if it looks like something from 30 years ago. If their short term memory is that bad all we can do is cope the best we can - there are no solutions. My mother is coming here soon to have a bath. Her bungalow only has a shower. Up to a few months a go she was happy to shower unsupervised but now want to come to me for a bath. Of course I don't mind but in many ways it would be safer for her to have a shower in her own home with me there. Technology has no solution - however I may have a camera fitted in her house at some point, It's just day to day coping - knowing that this is as good as it gets and waiting for it to get worse. It is exhausting and frustrating, But we all know this, there is nothing new. What I really really want is someone to pat me on the back or give me a hug and send me flowers or chocolates - no alcohol as we never know when the next disaster will be. Rant over xxx