What is happening?

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
After a week when staff and doctors thought the end was sooner rather than later, my husband has now settled down. He can no longer have liquids as he 'stores it in his throat'. He has started eating small amounts of puréed food but keeps refusing the thickened drinks. I must say I wouldn't like the tea and coffee off a spoon as it is like sludge. He is even having water thickened. He keeps drifting in and out of sleep, sometimes light sleep sometimes deep snoring. He looks at me but I'm not sure he knows who I am and he constantly stares at the ceiling when awake. I sing quietly to him and also bring his favourite classical music. This morning he surprised me when he went bright red and stretched both his arms out and physically lifted himself about six inches off his pillow! This from a man who hasn't moved off the bed for weeks. He just fell back, closed his eyes and went into a deep sleep. Very strange. Just taking everything day by day but I am finding it draining

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Having never been in your situation, Billy's Girl, I don't know what is happening, but just wanted to send you a hug and sympathy for what must be a very difficult time for you. It's no wonder you're drained. Try to get as much rest yourself as is possible, and make sure you eat and drink. Easy to say, I know. Sending love to you.

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
Having never been in your situation, Billy's Girl, I don't know what is happening, but just wanted to send you a hug and sympathy for what must be a very difficult time for you. It's no wonder you're drained. Try to get as much rest yourself as is possible, and make sure you eat and drink. Easy to say, I know. Sending love to you.

Thank you for your kind thoughts

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Oh Billy's Girl I can't offer anything other than sympathy for the situation you find yourself in and virtual hugs. Not knowing what is happening combined with watching your husband must be so difficult. Keep us posted. Look after yourself the best you can x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew 132