What has happened to the old posts?

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by Noorza, Jul 22, 2013.

1. SerenaS

SerenaS Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2011
    London
    Thanks Sue and jeany.

byrnedjp, I think you may be referring to a post of yours that I moved yesterday. I'd contacted you about this. We ask members to contact us directly if they have questions about moderation (instead of posting comments about moderation on the forums), so please contact me if you have questions.

2. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Make that another in favour, the old system was much too cluttered and out of line with other forums I frequent.

If a member wants to start a thread and thinks it has relevance to multiple forums they can:-

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/show...-Point-updates&p=788260&viewfull=1#post788260

3. byrnedjp

byrnedjp Registered User

Mar 21, 2013
    London
    Hi read your posts regarding the changes made to the site.
    Agree with most of what you say....
    I understand the changes and can see the rationale. however im with you on the "fragmentation" effect.......seems pointless to post when it gets lost or re routed in order to keep things tidy.
    balance has shifted from the people that need to be heard to the people that "keep things tidy"...........its an admin issue plain and simple

Good Luck in the future.

4. FifiMo

FifiMo Registered User

Feb 10, 2010
    Wiltshire
    #84 FifiMo, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    Posted elsewhere

5. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    I am so glad you are going to have a re think about multi quotes having been removed
    I used them fairly often

Also I have a question, A while back I asked for an old thread of mine to be closed
    What will happen to this thread when the forum is closed , I didn't think so at the.time I closed it, but now I would hate to lose it

6. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    No it will still be there, in the archived forum which will also still be there. It's just that eventually no one will be able to add to the threads in that archived forum (although if anyone wants to, they can contact a moderator and get the thread moved to one of the active forums).

7. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Thankyou Jennifer
    That's a relief