What happens when the main carer is ill............?

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Think you may need to re-post that link Hazel as it doesn't seem to work. Could be because the 'f' of pdf is not hyperlinked?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, Deborah, it works now.

I had copied and pasted from Jennifer's post, and it wouldn't work at all. I had to go back to the document and copy the url from there.

Don't ask me why, I need Bruce or Phil to explain that one!:confused:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you, Hazel. What a lot to read.

Well I`ll wait and see what happens and what is available. Should be interesting.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I am such an idiot: I see Hazel said she'd fixed the link here. It's a very big document which I hadn't seen before, but makes interesting reading.

Jennifer

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Feeling a bit sorry for myself .....

Dear All,

I know it's daft but I'm feeling a bit fed up and lonely this morning because I seem to have damaged my foot and it's very painful. Anyway I will have to go off to Minor Injuries to get it sorted out. I'm sure my parents will be OK because the carers are very good, but it seems to be one thing after another.

I know lots of you out there have a lot worse to contend with but it would be nice to have a problem free day just the once.

Sorry, sorry.....

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Dear Fiona, I`m so sorry.

As one who is still recovering, I know how depressing it is to feel you have to cope with one more obstacle.

We take movement so much for granted. Since I`ve had this problem, I have been unable to make any spontaneous movement, and as it`s your foot, Fifi, you are going to be the same.

I hope it`s not as bad as it feels, and heals quickly. When you are a carer, you can`t even be ill in peace. Sometimes it`s too much.

Take care, don`t apologize, you have a right to feel fed up. Let us know what`s wrong and how long it will take to heal.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Fifi, hope you get the foot sorted today. It's so hard to be patient when you're in pain, isn't it?

Let us know how it goes.

Love,

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Fifi, hope you manage to get some relief for the foot.

(Sorry, but my mental picture of you doing the can-can or splits keeps getting in the way)

Take care sweetheart,

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Thanks

Dear Everyone,

Thanks for the messages, it's so nice to have such nice friends on TP. I have torn a ligament so the cancan is definitely out at the moment. I've got to rest up for a few days, apply a packet of frozen peas from time to time and keep it bound up. Usual stuff, I can cope with that. It's nothing really, I just felt (as I know we all do) that I really didn't need this! It came on top of a bad day with my mother yesterday.

Anyway, as I have weak ankles the hospital recommended (when I'm better) doing some exercises which involve standing on one foot and then the other. So I reckon I may stand on one foot while I'm playing the kazoo which could be the latest novelty act. Look out for me on TV talent shows!

Thanks again,

Love to all

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I may stand on one foot while I'm playing the kazoo which could be the latest novelty act
apply a packet of frozen peas

.. er.. just so I get the picture entirely right, which foot will have the peas on it when you are standing on one leg, playing the kazoo [a classical piece naturally]

and more to the point, health and safety regulations preclude your also doing the can-can when you have peas on one or both feet, as this would undoubtedly cause injury to those of us in the audience when we were showered with projectile peas.

hope pain eases soon..:)

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Thanks Bruce for making me laugh, the best tonic there is for when the chips are down (oh sorry, now I can see a lot of jokes about frozen chips now....)

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
if you can wangle a piece of cod into this thread, we'll have fish, chips and [projectile] peas.

Yum yum. another one for the TP Cookbook

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
and I do of course have a vine (a very small one in my garden) so could produce wine. Oh dear, I forgot, my grape treading foot is knackered.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Joking apart, a torn ligament is very painful. I hope you have good healing properties.
Love xx

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Thanks, Sylvia, hope you're on the mend too. Perhaps when we're both better we could form a song and dance act to compete with the Spice Girls comeback!

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
to compete with the Spice Girls comeback
not much to compete with - they are having to have electrical gear on stage to rework their voices in real time so they are in tune and in time before it goes out over the sound systems. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson