1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Silver Lining

Silver Lining Registered User

Nov 20, 2013
    My OH will not be coming home, at the moment he is in a temporary placement whilst the local CHMT look for suitable carehomes (AD & complex health needs)it will be funded by means test and NHS continuing Healthcare.

What happens if the homes they choose are not in our family opinion suitable.
    Does anyone know what our options will be. SL.

2. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    Not an expert but I thought if NHS continuing care is awarded that means testing doesn't come into the equation as NHS pays all costs?

(Sorry, not knowledgeable enough to answer your main question but I 'm sure someone else will.)

3. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    #3 jaymor, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    my husband was granted CHC over two years ago. As the NHS fund his care because of his health needs there was no financial assessment. A Pauper or a King are treated the same if CHC has been given.

We looked at homes and put forward the ones we would accept as suitable for us as a family and of course suitable for my husband's needs.

Ask the CHMT what level of care is needed and they should be able to supply you with a list of homes that you can visit that are suitable for your OH.