What else can happen to my Dad........

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Dawnio, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Dawnio

Dawnio Registered User

Oct 6, 2008
    Scotland/Lanarkshire
    He has MRSA

This is just Hell on earth.Can it get any worse I ask myself after all he has been through.

Dawn

2. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    Dawn, I'm really sorry to read about your dad's MRSA.

I always worried about this, re my mum's care, but as far as I knew, it was never an issue. Is there antiseptic handwash gel for visitors at the home? Are visitors barred at the moment?

Two of my mother's homes asked visitors not to visit during episodes of winter vomiting sickness, but I cannot recall any outbreaks of MRSA and wonder if that would be treated the same way.

I'm really sorry for your dad, and for you too.

3. Winnie Kjaer

Winnie Kjaer Account Closed

Aug 14, 2009
    Devon
    Dear Dawn,
    I am so sorry to read about your father's MRSA. I presume he contacted that at the home and that he has been isolated? My husband contacted MRSA when he has his peg (tube feeding) inserted a few months after his major stroke. He was gravely ill and everybody was worried needless to say, but he recovered. He eventually went to a rehabilitation ward in a small hospital but had to remain isolated, but we managed. He came home with it when it was contained to the peg only (he originally got it in several places)and eventually he was totally cleared with no after results that I am aware of. It is such a worrying time and I really feel for you all. What are they doing for your dad? They should wash him down several times a day with a special solution and of course you will probably be advised that you need to wear protective clothing when you visit, but you should be able to visit as normal as long as you don't touch other patients. Do you help with any of the care for your dad? I was advised that nobody with an low immunity nor children should visit my husband. I hope you soon feel a bit better about the situation it is very frightening I fully understand.

4. Prague09

Prague09 Registered User

Jul 22, 2008
    essex
    So sorry for you when you are the carer for some one their poor health and risks are such a worry and cause so much pain. O often felt in dads last weeks that things cant get any worse.
    Prague