what does this mean?

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
we have had the review from the sw, he has reported that Edna scored 14/30 in the mmse test the cpn did 4weeks ago and that the situation is extremely problematic and is with severe doubts whether the situation is sustainable.
does this mean that it could be that soon that we will have to consider a CH? Edna is so worried that they are going to put her away, I do try to reasure her that if she lets me help her that she will be able to stay at home as long as poss. but she keeps telling me if she is put in a home she will kill herself:(
I don't know what to tell her any more as she does get very confused and mixed up with things we try to tell her.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
I do not know the awnser

Wish I did, other's will tell you. All I can do is send love.
Barb & Ron X

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
the situation is extremely problematic

I guess it means he doesn't know! So what's new?:(

Edna's score is not too bad, and wouldn't normally warrant a CH on its own. But coupled with challenging behaviour, and her reluctance to accept your help, it could be that the SW thinks it would be better if Edna were in care.

But you don't have to go along with it, if you think you can cope. Perhaps you could ring the SW tomorrow and ask what she thinks would be the best option? He really should have made it clear what he was thinking.

Love,

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
Thanks

we are coping just with her but it is taking it out on dad he is getting very stressed with her and has said he doesn't know how much longer he can cope. now my brother is trying to do more it is getting better for him as he does stress about not getting things done. where Edna won't let me do things because I'm same as her she thinks she should be doing it, she does let my brother do things, like mowing the lawn etc and he doesn't listen to dad when he says I'll do it tomorrow he just gets on with it.

we had a good day today, on my way there I called in the hairdressers and spoke to them about Edna having a hair cut, they was great and said If I could get her there between 12 and 2 they could do it but not to worry if she wouldn't go, to my surprise I got her to go she said to dad I had better go or you will moan and not shut up, I helped her get changed and we had a nice slow walk there, all the way she was worrying but there she sat in the chair and enjoyed it, I have fussed her all afternoon telling her how nice she looks, one battle won today.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Well done1 It does sound as if you're making progress with Edna, and it's good that your brother is helping more.

On the other hand, you have to consider your dad. If he feels it's getting too much for him, you should listen to him.

It's an awful situation, and a very difficult decision to make. It has to be right for both of them, and that's not easy.

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
I put my dad first though I love Edna to bits I do think of him first and if he wants her to go into a home I will understand and help him find one he is happy with but on the other hand if he wants her at home then I'm there to help as much as I can.
I just wish Edna's children would help more it is so annoying that her daughter in law works at a ch and deals with this everyday she is soon telling me how to handle her and that she should be in a home (the one she works at, but its a horrid one and is adverting all the time) when I bump into her in the street,but NEVER goes to see her, which annoy's me lots.
I try to talk to dad when possible often Edna is there ranting because we are talking wether its about her or not, but she is getting more confused each day its getting harder to have a conversation with her thats understandable, but she seams ok in her little world.

thank you everyone for your suport