what do you do?

Reman

Jan 21, 2018
Saturday, have waited in all yesterday and today for district nurse to come and deal with bed sores for my OH pressure sore on heel,who has Vascular Dementia the whole house smells. I am fed up with dementia patients treated as second class citizens, As a carer we live with all the problems and stresses if only we could get the proper help! Sorry if I sound so angry just completely frustrated for my OH

Reman

Jan 21, 2018
Yes still waiting! Is it because he was given end of care in March.... taken off in August( all t do with funding) , I feel it left to me to cope.... and as everyone know some days you can't! been doing this for the last four years.....

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Yes still waiting! Is it because he was given end of care in March.... taken off in August( all t do with funding) , I feel it left to me to cope.... and as everyone know some days you can't! been doing this for the last four years.....

This is so unacceptable, I know your fed up but please complain, end of life does not mean 'no treatment' -its dreadful

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Reman
I really hope a nurse arrived .....

make a nuisance of yourself ... call 111 tell them you cannot deal with this and your OH is being put at risk, tell them about the smell, tell them through tears ... call 999 and say your OH needs urgent medical attention ...

is there a local hospice, they can't send a nurse but may well know how to get some attention, I'm sure they won't mind you calling them

call Admiral Nurses, they are there to help the carer and may know who to contact
https://www.dementiauk.org/get-support/dementia-helpline-alzheimers-helpline/

and Marie Curie nurses have a helpline
https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/help/support/marie-curie-support-line

wish we could help more

Reman

Jan 21, 2018
I'm expecting a nurse today, after complaining loudly yesterday. In the mean time our house stinks all windows open!!

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
This is awful. I would say if the smell is that bad it is an emergency. Never should have been left to get like that. I hope this nurse turns up. If you get let down anymore try 111 and you will be able to talk to a doctor. Good luck.

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
This is awful. I would say if the smell is that bad it is an emergency. Never should have been left to get like that. I hope this nurse turns up. If you get let down anymore try 111 and you will be able to talk to a doctor. Good luck.
Did the nurse turn up?. How are things,?xx