What do you do?

Starter

Oct 10, 2015
So today, mum had a fall. Stood in the kitchen, next thing on the floor and obviously she can’t ember what happened. Nothing there for her to slip or trip over. Thank goodness, she doesn’t seem hurt but as you can imagine, she was very shook up. I phoned the gp to ask if someone could come and check her over - thinking more of bp etc to see why she fell. Dr won’t come out but referred her to council’s falls team who will ring me and come out to see her. That was six hours ago and we are still waiting. What would you do?

try again

Jun 21, 2018
I was advised to call out an ambulance this morning as no one in my mum's surgery was willing to walk the 100 yards to help get her up. Luckily the ambulance ladies arrived quickly and she was given a good check up. We had an appt to get her legs checked out and as she was wobbly asked for a home visit. Half an hour ago, Dr phoned us up saying he could not make it and could she come to him. So she has to get dressed and I have to struggle with her the 100 yards in the dark. Still waiting to see him. I am fuming and may just stroke on the floor. This is not a caring service.

Starter

Oct 10, 2015
I was advised to call out an ambulance this morning as no one in my mum's surgery was willing to walk the 100 yards to help get her up. Luckily the ambulance ladies arrived quickly and she was given a good check up. We had an appt to get her legs checked out and as she was wobbly asked for a home visit. Half an hour ago, Dr phoned us up saying he could not make it and could she come to him. So she has to get dressed and I have to struggle with her the 100 yards in the dark. Still waiting to see him. I am fuming and may just stroke on the floor. This is not a caring service.
It’s a nightmare isn’t it? Falls team still haven’t been out to see mum, two days later and dr says they’ve referred it, so what do you do? Luckily she seems ok, but still don’t know what caused the fall. Hope your mum’s ok x