What Do We Do Now???!?!??!!?

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Carolann,
How has your mum been today? I can understand how upset you must feel for her. Are the nursing staff fully aware of her dementia. When my mum had to go into hospital in the early stages, I was amazed that her notes had no record of her memory problems. So the nursing staff were quite concerned when she came out of the anaesthetic at the level of confusion.
Hospitals should make special provision for those with dementia, unfortunately they don't seem to. It is a shame that the others on the ward are not able to show compassion, maybe they are too ill, or absorbed in their own problems, or maybe they just do not know how to deal with a person who has dementia.
Take care ,
Love Helen

Carolann

Apr 19, 2006
Nottinghamshire
What Do We Do Now

Hi Helen,
Thank you for asking about my Mum, she had her op this afternoon, not really a success, she will probably be confined to a wheelchair. The doctor then told us that the next few days are crucial as to whether or not she develops Pneumonia or a Blood Clot. I know Doctors have to tell you this but to be honest i just did not want to hear it today. I lost my Dad in March this year and I don't want to lose my Mum yet.
Carol

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Carol,
At least the op is out of the way. Now, mum needs to get on the mend and you can get her out of hospital. Better get your L plates ready for a wheelchair!
Just take one day at a time.
Love Helen