What do do next

Sharma

Sep 27, 2017
Hi, I posted quite a while ago and have been managing. My 82 yr old Dad has Alzheimers disease and vascular dementia. He takes 2 medications for this. He lives alone and myself and my brother are within walking distance. We have POA in place for both Financial and health. I now monitor his bank accounts and help with letters etc. I help with any doctors appointments. We help with shopping and cleaning and my brother cooks a few times a week or we take him out. Up to now he manages to get the bus to a local town every day and buys his lunch. My brother visits every morning. More recently he seems to be struggling. He keeps losing keys. he still manages to use his house and mobile phone to contact us. My worry is as we see he is struggling more what we do next? I feel we need some advice about supporting him and if we need contact with someone such as a social worker? I know he will need some extra support in the future and would like some guidance on how to do this and how to handle things with my Dad as he might not be too willing? Sorry a bit garbled but any advice in who would be best to talk to would be greatly appreciated? Thanks, S