What care help can I expect to get if i had my dad living with

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
hi
Dad lives alone got cares coming in twice a week 2x2 hours going get him assessed by ss self funding but got less then 2100 in savings seriously thinking of bringing him to live with me which means giving up hes council flat /and clear out hes flat with hordes of clutter and bring hes cat too the reason im doing this is he needs 24 hour care as ue gets upset confused if hes left alone for longer im overwhelmed woth the caring
Cleaning and dealing with 2 sets of bills carers medication laundry as well as mu dads illness on top of that my neighbour has reported me to the council for not living there at my house im never there spending nearly every night staying every day with mu father apart from respite of relatives once a month o don't get any me time so its not as if im going get that anyway by bring him home I'm not getting anything I’m wondering ofi did take him to live with me what to expect in terms of help /carers

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
hi
Dad lives alone got cares coming in twice a week 2x2 hours going get him assessed by ss self funding but got less then 2100 in savings seriously thinking of bringing him to live with me which means giving up hes council flat /and clear out hes flat with hordes of clutter and bring hes cat too the reason im doing this is he needs 24 hour care as ue gets upset confused if hes left alone for longer im overwhelmed woth the caring
Cleaning and dealing with 2 sets of bills carers medication laundry as well as mu dads illness on top of that my neighbour has reported me to the council for not living there at my house im never there spending nearly every night staying every day with mu father apart from respite of relatives once a month o don't get any me time so its not as if im going get that anyway by bring him home I'm not getting anything I’m wondering ofi did take him to live with me what to expect in terms of help /carers
I'm sure others will be along soon who have experience of looking after a relative in their own home. However my personal view is that I would think very very carefully about this . If you're saying your dad needs 24-hour care then I think the only option will be full-time residential care

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
my neighbour has reported me to the council for not living there at my house im never there spending nearly every night staying every day with mu father
Does this mean that you are living in a council owned rented property?
Are there restrictions about who else can live there?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Apart from any problems with your dad living with you this does not make sense

assessed by ss self funding but got less then 2100 in savings ...
hes council flat /and clear out hes flat

If he has no savings and is living in rented accommodation he is not self funding.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Are you saying that hes got £2,100 in savings?

Where are they saying that the rest of the savings are? Does he have property or bonds/shares that he can sell?
If hes got less than £14,000 in savings then he should be Fully LA funded for a care home

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
Are you saying that hes got £2,100 in savings?

Where are they saying that the rest of the savings are? Does he have property or bonds/shares that he can sell?
If hes got less than £14,000 in savings then he should be Fully LA funded for a care home
No hes got£21 000in savings
I dont want him to go into a care home yet i am not asking about a care home i am asking about him living at home with me if my question was about care home then I would have said care home and yes he will get funding but not full amount but my question was neither about funding nor care home !

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Back to your original question, though. The answer to that is that he would be eligible for the same care in your home that he got in his own home.
Although, actually, it becomes harder to get help if there is family looking after him 24/7. SS often take the view that as you are meeting his needs, he doesnt need any extra help

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
Ok thanks no he hasnt been ive been refur by memory clinic and will contact ss myself just exploring my options at the moment

chippiebites

Jun 27, 2018
My mum came to live with me and my husband after suffering a major stroke. She got the maximum care that SS normally will fund, that is 2 carers 4 times a day. Mum needed to be hoisted however. That was all the help we got, however because Mum had me with her to step in when we had snow and the carers were struggling we were left to fend for ourselves, obviously people on their own are priority. I would also say SS were not very helpful in funding mum's move to a care home when that became necessary, they would have had to if she had gone into care from hospital. I know you are not asking about care homes now, but maybe in the future?

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
Yea maybe in the future just want to try and make the best choice under terrible circumstances ill ask the social worker
Its just very stressful having to deal with 2 lots of everything then carers dads illness and neighbours reporting me
Even if he gets more carers at hes home its still going be worry hassle snd stress