What are these test for?

kaz

May 3, 2004
Hi

Dad has Early on Set AD and the docotor has now said he is sending him for a Spec test dont know if that is spelt wright but i cant find anythings about it. He is also going for brain scans to test certain area if his brain. They had also notice he has a tremor in his hand. Am Wondering if they are testing for something else as well but dont know what this Spec test is.

Do any of you have any ideas.

Thanks Karen

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Karen, Lionel was finally diagnosed early onset Alzheimer's early 2002, after 3 years of travelling down various other routes.

He had an MRI scan done at a local hospital, and then a Spect scan done at one of the London hospitals. I remember the consultant showing us the results which showed large areas of 'damage'. I can only put it like that. I think we were still in shock.

He then saw a consultant Neuropsychologist, who confirmed all that had gone on before.

kaz

May 3, 2004
Hi

Thanks for the replies, we have now found out some more information from the hospital he has tremors in his hand and hold his hand in fist etc and they think he may have Parkinsons hence all these extra test they said could be Lewy Body which is dementia and Parkinsons, so waiting till scans arranged now.

Thanks Karen

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan