What are "Tangles"?

Bristolbelle

Aug 18, 2006
Bristol
This is a bad title really because I understand what they are physically. What I would like to know is what is the implcation of then as Mum's specialst says she had themon her CT scan. Also are they symptomatic of a certain kind of AD? I'd like to know my enemy. I've tried a search but didn;t get very clear results. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I think AD gives rise to both amyloid plaques and neurofibrillary tangles. That is, my understanding is that these both occur if you have AD. If you google neurofibrillary tangles you should get a lot of results.

Bristolbelle

Aug 18, 2006
Bristol
Thanks Jennifer...

As soon as I had "neurofibrillary" to help refine my search I found several straight forward and helpful explanations.
Best Wishes
Bristolbelle

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Bristolbelle, for asking about tangles. I looked them up too, including neurofibrillary, and now feel better informed.
One more Brownie Point for TP.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Of go Maggie to have a look at neurofibrillary thanks

PS

When my mother was going to respite 3 weeks ago, I got talking to the taxi driver , who told me that something about turmeric preventing AZ I just listen and humour him , then he said how people in his culture do not get AZ a lot because they cook with trumic (He was Indian )thinking yeah my mum use to cook with turmeric , now I think no it saw saffron anyway read this http://www.ahaf.org/alzdis/about/adwhtnew_newsupdates.html click on Read the most recent news update

I found that link when I was looking for neurofibrillary

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sorry, Margarita, My husband`s Indian and has cooked with Turmeric all his life.

We are taking Turmeric supplements, as well as cooking with it, because we heard it acts well with Glucosamine, to help joint stiffness and Arthritis. Who knows! Really it`s the luck of the draw.

PS How`s your weight? I`ve lost 10lbs sice joining Sparkpeople. Try to get back with it. It`s a distraction from all the worries.

With love Grannie G

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Hi Grannie :) I lost 2IB :eek: gosh you done well .

See I thought the taxie man was talking rubbish . I saw a vidio about how Indian Culture /doctors tell there community about AZ. I was going to tell the taxi driver about the Video's that I saw at AZ society Stereotyping AZ est. but thought best not , as I did not want to upset him so just let him chatter on

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27