What am i made of?

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Well today had the SW on the phone complaining yet i have big complaints about SW. Husband refused to go to Day Club spent 30mins trying but he refused to go, so i've been stopped from getting in food (he has slept a lot) Nurse turned up and found him sleeping going to see GP about it tomorrow. Gp surgery phoned wanting me to take him to the surgery ( my leg is bad can't walk that far or drive) as GP has received a letter from the hospital. I told her that the nurse was going to see the GP tomorrow Care agency phoned starting care next week, the carer didn't turn up last week. Phoned day hospital that he goes to tomorrow to say Day Care had problems he wouldnt go so they said we will see what happens tomorrow. DLA hasn't paid they put a stop on it when he went into hospital just incase he was there 28days been told it will take 2 weeks to get it sorted, also got another ILF financil form to fill in.
Just had another phone call phew this one was the care agency sending one on Thursday. Boy do i need an assistant. All this in one day. No wonder we get stressed out. Anyone got a jacussi?

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
got a jacussi?

No , but if anyone has please let us know , because it sounds like I am haveing one of those days like your day that is going to be lasting all week .xx

PS

To add to your list of stress sorry, but why not try to organize dial a ride bus to pick husband up and yourself in the future when you need to take him to doctore or where ever .

did you tell DLA that your husband went in to hospital ?

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear chip , that`s a catalogue of disasters, each one snowballing into the next.

If I were you, I`d be tempted to find a quiet place and SCREAM!!!!!

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Yea i did tell DLA he went into hospital and it seems they stopped it that day "just incase" he was in for more than 28days incase they gave out too much money if he went passed the 28day mark. So instead they keep it themselves until they here the person is out of hospital then take two weeks to sort it out. But they do say they will pay any money due backdated well eventually. Doesn't look like the juccussi is on the cards tonight will just have to dream i'm in it.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
But they do say they will pay any money due backdated well eventually.

I know I should not say this , but next time don't tell them It’s all to much of an inconvenient, one stress more to add to your the list, so if he did stay longer, they can have the stress of organizing it taking the money back that is over paid at 1 pound a week .

God what I would not give to do that
:D

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
chip, cannot provide a jacussi, but maybe you could manage a nice soothing bath later.

Lots of bubbles, candles, and a glass of wine should help. Sending you a special hug, think you need it.

Attachments

• hugs.gif
    hugs.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 274

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Chip

You have had a day of it! I don't know why it all has to be so complicated. Caring is hard enough without officials making it o much more complicated.

Sorry, no jaccuzzi, but here's a G&T to be going on with.

Love,

Attachments

• G&T.jpg
    G&T.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 265

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
Sorry Chip. No jack qu see and to top it all, i drunk the bottle of whine i was going to send. Hic, sorry. it was nice tho. hic.
cris - i think

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Sorry folks only drink soft drinks. Candles i have foam bubbles i have also. Think i will have a word with the GP and tell him what its really like and the lack of SW help then threaten SW on second thoughts why dont we arrange a "job" exchange they look after we do SW (Sorry all good SW'ers but it makes me feel better) its just the one we have. They also can go off work sick. I've just booked 48hrs care next week and 30hrs the following week so far, They are going to see if he will go to the day care if the carer goes with him ( its a new carer so we are hoping) but i'm only allowed 10hrs luckily i've built up the Direct Payments to cover as it wasn't taken into concideration that he would get worse and he has, and him refusing to go to day care.
There is 168hrs in a week i will have had him 159hrs this week for £48 - 30p an hour

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Chis ----- BOOOOO BOOOOOOO Just trying to help with the H....I.....C.....K.... U....P.....'S and no help with the head ache tomorrow morning