What a year so far

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
WHAT A YEAR SO FAR
I know it seems like every year i always say that was "THE BEST YEAR YET" for the Global Purple Angel Dementia Campaign
But i have to say even though we are only In September 2019, this year isn't turning out to shabby at all !! In March 2019 WRAD was our Biggest yet, 20+ countries around the world joining in with over 120 events and raising awareness of dementia to millions across the globe. The MP3 campaign has gone from Strength to Strength starting in care homes, supplying to people who live at home,, then spreading to hospitals (we now supply 27 NHS trusts across the UK ) and now we have South West Ambulances using them with another Ambulance service in the pipeline who want to do the same AND carry the Purple Angel logo on some Ambulances
A few moths ago BBC asked us to help them with their national music day and even though i do owe you all an apology as i didnt envisage the paperwork that goes with it (IT WILL NEVER Happen with WRAD "World rock against dementia events I PROMISE, i dont do tickboxing or paperwork as you know, lol LOL there are now more Purple Angel Connected events happening in the Uk for this than anybody else (Allegedly, i have to say that as i haven't got exact figures but i`m almost sure lol, dont you just love the PC lot LOL )
On a more local level the Support coming out of Cornwall in the last few month`s has gone through the roof !! All thanks to my wonderful; Co Founder Jane Moore and the Wonderful Lynn Bartrip-Kay and the Newquay Purple Angel campaign.
The support we get from everybody is just incredible and far too many to mention but i cannot let this year so far go pass without mentioning Jean Saunders and her team,Tony Hall all the purple Angel Ambassadors in the UK and worldwide, and of course Not forgetting the incredible Mandie Giles who has downloaded 1000`s and 1000`s of songs onto the Mp3s we have sent out that have brought so much peace and joy to so many, dont worry Gilly Barton, i`m not forgetting you for taking over the packing and posting from Mandie Giles and also our wonderful newshound Heather Pearson for keeping us up to date with everything
I am so sure there are so many people not listed on here and things that have happened as well, and for that i am sorry, but please know that its YOU that are at the heart of this, its YOU that makes the Difference and its YOUR support that keeps us going.
~
On a personal note i have to thank my entire steering group and volunteers at the memory cafe we run for putting up with me this year so far
Here`s to a fantastic run in to the end of the year with hopefully more great news to come, not forgetting PLANS for next year (Always the optimist LOL)
Love
Norrms, Elaine and family xxxxxxxx