What a night... Dementia 1 carer 0

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Not another one of those nights again

To follow on from the other night( Friday) I think tonight is going to be just as bad.. Within 45 mins I have got dad back into bed three times.. The second time that I went to him he was smearing poo all over the bathroom again.. All that I wanted to do tonight was to sit and relax a little before the middle of the night wandering start... Sorry I seem to do nothing but moan a lot on here.. Hope everyone has a peaceful night.. Ourselves included xx

JusCoping

Dec 22, 2015
Well I got defeated last night by this awful disease come dawn I was thoroughly worn down.. Dad did not sleep a wink last night he spent all night wandering from his bedroom to the bathroom and was frequently going to open his bowels which he then smeared all over the bathroom each time that he went... Three or four changes of towels over night, pajamas. Bath mats.. Probably used a full bottle of bleach plus disinfectant dad only manages a couple of hours a night but last night we didn't even get that.. Got 6 more weeks to go before respite.. Moan over now going to have a cuppa.. Exhausted 2015 xx merry Christmas all xx

re: exhausted 2015- This is my first message on this website but feel for you. My husband has Vascular Dementia and used to stay up all night and doze all day. Doc has now given him Trazadone which helps him sleep really well. He now has urinary incontinence and I am learning to cope and kit him up for the night and with spare pads etc laid out for his change in the night. Ordered waterproof bed cover from Ebay and also waterproof knickers to go over his Yfronts containing pad. This saves the bed most of the time. Good luck and hope you get some sleep. All the very best to you.