1. Well all im still keeping this running and excersise up. And im feeling really positive. We were out promoting our show yestersday in Nottingham and ended up filming with that program Street Doctor. So me and Jake will be on Tv at some point. Off to see mum somtime this month cant next week as were off for a four day tour of Scotland.

Hope everyone is well

Mark

P.s ive lost 6lbs already

2. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    Pleased you are feeling good and positive. Hope your tour in Scotland is successful. Best wishes Beckyjan

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Well done, Mark. keep it up!

Good luck with the tour.

Love,

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hi Mark, so now I know what to do to get rid of my excess weight ;)

Seriously though, well done for keeping your positive spirit. It`s a pleasure to read your posts, you seem to have done such an `about turn`.

5. Gromit

Gromit Registered User

Apr 3, 2006
    Edinburgh
    Scotland

Hi Mark,

We haven't "spoken" before - but I have just been reading your posts. I think you are very brave and I feel very similar to the way you have been feeling in some of your previous posts - I am so pleased to hear how well you are doing "turning things around" and it gives me hope that I can do the same. I am just coming to terms with my Dad's AD diagnosis last week, so feeling very low and tearful however I find this site really helpful - even though I have been away from it for a few months I have received a great welcome back.

Your band sounds great - I live in Edinburgh and you mention you are doing a tour of Scotland - will you be in Edinburgh at anytime it would be great to come and see you!

Take care.
    X

6. Kathleen

Kathleen Registered User

Mar 12, 2005
    West Sussex
    Hello Mark

I got tired reading your post!!

Well done for keeping up with everything, it is obviously working.

Kathleen

7. Lonestray

Lonestray Registered User

Aug 3, 2006
    Hereford
    Keep it up

Good on you Mark, keep up the running and the exercise, it can build confidence and improve your quality of life.
    Just got back from pushing Jean around my running circuit, the final 100yds is straight up and on a day like this, warm and sunny I need to change. When I laid her down she's out like a light. This morning was hard going and a small voice in my head said 'skip a day' but I shut it out telling myself 'your almost there, and you'll feel better to-morrow'. You can and will do it!
    Best wishes Padraig.

8. Cate

Cate Registered User

Jul 2, 2006
    Newport, Gwent
    Hi Mark

Mega impressed, its amazing how some exercise can turn things around, and wow what a bonus nearly half a stone gone.............keep up the good work.:D

Dont forget to pack your trainers for Scotland!! Hope you have a great time.

Love
    Cate

9. Sunlight

Sunlight Registered User

Feb 12, 2007
    Sometimes I think running and exercising are the only things preserving my sanity! Well done Mark for finding this outlet.

10. RussellC

RussellC Registered User

Jul 6, 2006
    Very glad for you Mark.

Walking was a great pleasure to me and my Dad, I think it helped us both to deal with the disease.

Dad was extremely fit and even on the assessment ward he would walk for miles. It was, I think, his way of showing he still had some choice over how he spent his time.

All the best

Russell