What a great organization

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
I talked to a very nice lady that is with the Alzheimer's Society in Oklahoma City yesterday. My Dad is ready to talk to an elder attorney about their finances and Medicare and I didn't have a clue where to look. This lady will come out to the house, free of charge, and give my Dad all the information he needs on if they qualify for Medicare assistance for a nursing home in the future. I am also wanting them to let a respite worker come in a little every week to give him a break and to get my Mom used to having someone else around. This lady will take care of all of that and also give my Dad advice on Day Care and other options. Now if he will just make that call to set up an appointment !!

I feel very fortunate to have this service available, thank goodness for the Alzheimers Society !!

Debbie

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Amen to that Debbie. Where would we be without some source to give us guidance.
I know I have benifitted from support from our local branch. I have been working as a volunteer until just recently, doing the accounts, but have had to step down now that Lionel needs are greater. Try to keep flying the flag though. Regards,Connie